Options

Question for all or some of you

JVEJVE Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
I noticed yesterday when i took and passed :D my exam, that they had my name spelled wrong on the paper. My middle intitial and last name were jumbled together and i dont want my certicate coming like that, what can i do? Anyone I can call? Please help a brother out. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Log on to your Cisco profile and make the changes there. You should get an email about this, since they ask you if you want the electronic version of your certificate or the hardcopy.
  • Options
    ok thanks, i have not got the email yet. I guess that will be a few days. I assume all of you get the hard copy?
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Congrats on the pass.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    JVE wrote:
    that they had my name spelled wrong on the paper. My middle intitial and last name were jumbled together
    It's probably okay -- check the Certification Tracking Website.

Modemhumper and I had this conversation once -- Prometric displays the middle initial with no space after it. Appears that way on the prometric test pages and test report (I think). It's okay on the Certification Tracking Web site and all the Certificates I've gotten.
    JVE wrote:
    I assume all of you get the hard copy?
    Yep -- I think it defaults to a free paper copy. You can change it an electronic version if you don't want to wait (or buy an extra copy for $15). You can also pay to have your "free" paper certificate sent DHL for some extra $$$. I just take the free paper one (usually 2-3 weeks) and get an electronic one to print out so that I can impress my cats sooner. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    lwwarnerlwwarner Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Danman32 wrote:
    Log on to your Cisco profile and make the changes there.
    You can't change your own name in the cert tracking system. If it is incorrect you will have to open a ticket with cert support and have them change it for you. I've been 'round & 'round on this 'cause my first name (LeRoy) has non-standard capitalization which Cisco's cert system refuses to preserve. sigh...
  • Options
    !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    Is better that you pass , the name you can easily resolve ;)
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    JVE wrote:
    that they had my name spelled wrong on the paper. My middle intitial and last name were jumbled together
    It's probably okay -- check the Certification Tracking Website.

Modemhumper and I had this conversation once -- Prometric displays the middle initial with no space after it. Appears that way on the prometric test pages and test report (I think). It's okay on the Certification Tracking Web site and all the Certificates I've gotten.

You were right Mike, I logged in and everything was correct as it should have been. Thanks!