What do you get after completing the MCDST exams?

mack2008mack2008 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
MCDST...

I took the 272 on 1st July and the 271 on 30th July.

I received a welcome pack, with a wallet card, badge, certificate (which looks like it was printed by Bill Gates cheapest home printer)...the funny thing is I received all this before I took the 271 exam.

In my mind, the certificate doesn’t really represent what I did or means anything, if I got it all before taking the final exam.

The certificate just says Congratulations you’re now a Microsoft Certified Professional.

Is that it? I mean I was looking for a more professional and meaningful certificate.

What are others opinion on this of if anyone has received something different?

Post here!

Comments

• bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    the welcome pack is for your MCP, Microsoft Certified Professional. You get that designation after completing any microsoft exams except network essentials.

You will get anothet certificate and wallet card,and label pin for your MCDST.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
    Dont expect the MCDST cert to be much different, I am also waiting for mine. I think the wallet card will actually say both MCP, MCDST.

oh, and MCP refers to both the single exam certified individual, as well as the entire line of Microsoft certification program. Thus, every MCDST is also MCP. That's why you have the welcome pack for MCP.
  • rcooprcoop Member Posts: 183
    All the above is true. Got my MCDST welcome kit yesterday (I took the last test on June 29th). I've been an MCP since 2002, so now the "new" wallet card lists both MCP and MCDST, and still says Certified Since 2002 on it.

I love that they come from Singapore... the address sounds like it is some futuristic Anime place "2 Woodlands Sector 1 #01-17 Singapore"... I wonder if Sector 2 is better, I hear it is near the artificial 3 Wetlands...

Anyway, if you think the MS welcome kit is bad, wait until you get your next CompTIA one... woo hoo... Not.

It's wallpaper for me. I've been thinking of creating a mock certification and hanging it up on my office wall to see if anyone notices that I'm a CMTGH (Certified More Than God Himself)... I actually had a coworker put that after their name in an email reply where I had my CDIA+ designation after my name on the signature line... man, I had a good laugh when I was told what the abbreviation stood for. Now it is a joke whenever anyone achieves a certification here at the office.

...hmmm... started to ramble yet again...

Good luck on achieving MCDST, and congrats on becoming a MCP!

--Rcoop
    Working on MCTS:SQL Server 2005 (70-431) & Server+
    rcoop wrote:
    Good luck on achieving MCDST, and congrats on becoming a MCP!
    --Rcoop

he's already MCDST, he just hasnt gotten his welcome kit yet.
    rcoop wrote:
    I love that they come from Singapore... the address sounds like it is some futuristic Anime place "2 Woodlands Sector 1 #01-17 Singapore"... I wonder if Sector 2 is better, I hear it is near the artificial 3 Wetlands...

Anyway, if you think the MS welcome kit is bad, wait until you get your next CompTIA one... woo hoo... Not.
    --Rcoop

CompTIA kits definitely sucks......the wallet card is just a joke...the cert is alright...I can accept that.

Your MCP/MCDST kit came from singapore? I am 90% sure mine came from the states...let me try to find it...
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    CompTIA kits definitely sucks......the wallet card is just a joke...the cert is alright...I can accept that.

They save the nice one for when you join CompTIA. Hard plastic credit card, blue border on top and right size with all your certs on it just like Microsoft. Looks pretty nice compared to those paper things. You can buy one from the CcompTIA store for $5 but you may need to be a member to access the store in which case you already have the card.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
    TheShadow wrote:

They save the nice one for when you join CompTIA. Hard plastic credit card, blue border on top and right size with all your certs on it just like Microsoft. Looks pretty nice compared to those paper things. You can buy one from the CcompTIA store for $5 but you may need to be a member to access the store in which case you already have the card.

hmm...cool, I didnt know that....maybe I should join and receive my 25% off Network+ exam....thanks for the info!
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Anyone that will take another CompTIA test should join as the 25% off coupon makes membership basically free. You can decide later if you want to join for year two. Many companies consider professional memberships a plus when sizing you up for hire/advancement; they may even pay for it.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • DejuiceDejuice Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have already succesfully completed 70-271. Do I get a MCP welcome Kit or do I have to wait until I complete the 70-272 and become MCDST?. I took the 70-271 exam on Mach 30th....still nothing in the mail as yet
    Dejuice wrote:
    I have already succesfully completed 70-271. Do I get a MCP welcome Kit or do I have to wait until I complete the 70-272 and become MCDST?. I took the 70-271 exam on Mach 30th....still nothing in the mail as yet

you will get a welcome kit for MCP, and then when you write 272, you will get a welcome kit for MCDST. Kits take 4-6 weeks to arrive. You also have to confirm your address and request the kit from MCP members site.

https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Post subject: What do you get after completing the MCDST exams?

Drunk.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.