Options

CCNA on Thursday

GrimsnifferGrimsniffer Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
It's pretty scary to look at prometric and see the actual line with the exam and the date.

I think I'm pretty much ready. Took a course at the local community college which ended today... took off the whole week from work just to study. I know everything almost perfectly - took the practice tests on the Cisco site and got between 90-100 percent on all of them.

Only thing I might be a little weak at is WAN technologies (mainly their commands and the syntax thereof, their theory I know pretty well). I'll go over that tomorrow again anyway.

I know it's a cliche question, but it's my turn to ask it: any advice on the exam itself? :)

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    any advice on the exam itself?
    The usual -- time management! :D Watch the clock -- no more than 10 minutes per sim.

And try to relax! The first certification exam is always the hardest. icon_lol.gif

Have you read the CCNA FAQ here? Practiced at the subnetting sites? Decided how to celebrate? Gone over the CCNA exam blueprint to make sure you got all the topics covered?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    unwritt3nunwritt3n Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Goodluck mate!!!!

Exactly llike mikej412 said, time management is essential. When i did mine last Thursday i got 4 Sims, and my first 2 questions were sims. I panicked, and wasted a good 15min on the first one. I was very nervous when i got in there, just took a few deep breaths, and went through it after that, only allowin 10mins for the sims. I ended with 4 minutes to go, and 961/1000. Im sure your gonna do fine, 1 week off work studyin will definatly show!!!
    Studying: 70-290, CCNP 1, CCSP 1
  • Options
    Two sims right at the beginning would actually be a godsend to me, IMO. I'm really hoping for something like that. Helps you put most of them out of the way right at the beginning. :)

I've been lurking around here for a while, so already went over the FAQ. I did go over the blueprint again to make sure everything's okay. Just need to go over ISDN and Fram Relay one more time. Two of the topics I like the least, but it has to be done.

As for celebrating later - if I do indeed pass - let's just say there isn't enough alcohol in Valhalla. ;)

As for now - just eight more hours to go over the aforementioned WAN technologies and be comfortable with them.

Thanks for the advice, I'll post a "Yay!" or "Shoot me" here tomorrow. ;)
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I'd rather have the sims at the end. Then I know exactly how much time to allocate to them.
  • Options
    Woohoo! :)

898/1000

Could've done much better IMO, but I was as stressed as hell. My hands were shaking from the very beginning to the very last question.

Thanks for all the help guys, this forum is really great.

On to the CCNP forum... BSCI next. :)
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    My hands were shaking from the very beginning to the very last question.
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

I told you the first one was the hardest -- hopefully the "during exam jitters" will go away for your next one. And eventually, after 10 or 15 exams, the pre-exam jitters also go away. icon_lol.gif
    Danman32 wrote:
    I'd rather have the sims at the end. Then I know exactly how much time to allocate to them.
    But how would you know how many sims? I had an exam recently with more than the generally accepted amount of sims.....
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    mikej412 wrote:
    Danman32 wrote:
    But how would you know how many sims? I had an exam recently with more than the generally accepted amount of sims.....

Yup, that certainly could be a problem. I suppose you should budget for 4 sims. At 10 minutes each, that would be like almost 1/2 the test time. Whew!
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    Not so hard was it? icon_cool.gificon_lol.gif

Congrats! bowing.gif
    Now working full time!