Options

Starting 70-270...

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
...Once again I am starting to study.

For anyone that has passed the exam, could you possibly help me out a little.

I have purchased the TestOut software and got hold of the CBT Nugget 70-270 off a friend.

Just wondering, would this be enough? I am looking at buying the Microsoft book off amazing, but I read a lot of bad reviews.

What are the best books?
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just went to amazon.com, searched for 70-270, and the 1st book listed was
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0735621527/sr=8-1/qid=1155692159/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-9670197-6872842?ie=UTF8

This has 27 reviews and an average of a 4.5/5 rating. I would guess you should get this one.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    That's the one I was looking at getting.

Cheers!
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have the MS Press book (halfway thru it), and the Testout stuff. Definitely get the MSPress book and set up a lab using VMWare if you can, in order to do the exercises.

The Testout is kewl in that you can practice the topics as well but I feel it lacks in depth a little bit.

Using those two, my lab, and THIS SITES Technotes, I feel I will be more than adequately prepared for the exam. (I forgot to mention all of the great advice and tips from users on the forums here as well) icon_lol.gif

Good luck[/b]
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• Options
    Forgive me for being dumb.

But is VMWare where you can have multiple OS running at once on one machine, or is it a program you can use to view the screen of another machine within your network?
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes VMWare is where you can have multiple OS' if you like and build virtual machines and networks

The other program you're referring to is called VNC icon_wink.gif
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• Options
    Yeh I have VNC. It works pretty good.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    With VMWare can you set up Active Directory to play around w/ it and learn it easier?

How would you go about doing that if you can..
  • Options
    Yeh, you can set it up that way..

But...

If you're really new to setting up AD then I'd recommend going to a local garage sale, or even ebay and buy a couple of cheap, yet, good running machines.

Use those machines as clients.

Use a normal computer (one that's a little bit better than the clients) install server 2003 and then bob's your uncle, you've got a little lab!

I think a lot of people would agree on here that's a good way to go.

Also, on the server; install VMWare and get used to it. It'll come in handy!
    CCNP R/S