Options

tcp/ip

techEDtechED Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
hello forumites,
I am looking for an online source to learn TCP/IP.

Comments

• Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Options
    techEDtechED Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    dmafteidmaftei Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    marlon23marlon23 Member Posts: 164 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bookstore :D
    LAB: 7609-S, 7606-S, 10008, 2x 7301, 7204, 7201 + bunch of ISRs & CAT switches
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Missing verb or I dont understand how you are using TCP/IP as a verb.

But everyone else seems to have covered the possibilities of your intended question.
  • Options
    !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    Something fishy , passing a MCP , mean knowing some TCP/IP no ? icon_lol.gif
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    !30 wrote:
    Something fishy , passing a MCP , mean knowing some TCP/IP no ? icon_lol.gif
    Some yes, but why wouldn't someone want to dig deeper into TCP/IP? Not at all fishy.
    There is a large world of TCP/IP that the exams don't even begin to cover. Things like:
      IPv6 Supported RFC's Packet Capturing and Analyzing RIP/OSPF etc. (these are covered under Cisco certs, not MS) IP over ATM Variable Length Subnet Masks (VLSM - not to be confused with basic subnetting) Classless Interdomain Routing IGMP and Multicasting TDI
    and the list goes on. Not to mention the fact that an MCP can include someone who has only passed the XP exam, or even a MOUS. How would they know about things like IPSec, Kerberos, IIS, RRAS, SDK Tools, SNMP, etc, etc?

[RANT]I am seeing a lot of suspicion and contempt for folks that ask honest questions on this forum in the last few weeks, a trend that should stop. I'm not sure if it's only a couple of people or more, but I don't remember this kind of rudeness a couple months ago. Give a guy the benefit of the doubt first. If he's not up to snuff it will show itself soon enough. [/RANT] icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    Some guy's on the forum , made me the some thing when I ask this kind of honest question , and I'm really sure , he don't want those thing's you exaplain , and he really want's the bascis of TCP/IP .I don't want to mean anithing , but passing a cert without knowing some TCP/IP , is a fishy thng ..
    icon_redface.gif
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    !30 wrote:
    but passing a cert without knowing some TCP/IP , is a fishy thng ..
    He never said he didn't know some TCP/IP, he just asked for some references to learn TCP/IP. Anyway, I'm sorry if someone was rude to you for asking an honest question - I hope it wasn't me... icon_redface.gif
    Take care.