Options

Study Group for 70-270

xDreaMeRxxDreaMeRx Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've decided to start a 6 man study group for achieving our MCSE. I'll be leading the study group and would like to prepare myself for the months ahead.

So far I’ve purchased a set of Microsoft Press 70-270 books for everyone and copies of Transcender for the 70-270. I would like to incorporate 2 more things with the study group but want to know the best product to choose.

I would like some sort of a video aided training to show everyone how to accomplish certain tasks. I want to get recommendations on the best set of CBT's for 70-270 that might go well with the Microsoft Press Chapters and a really good Lab Book for hands on demonstrations and activities for the group to do. Lab looks like (5 XP Pro Systems and 1 Server 2003 computer).

Any input would be great. I'm looking forward to starting my MCSE and helping those in the group move along efficiently.

PS: I'm planning on having the group meet 3 times a week for 3 hours per meeting. With them studying on their own and us doing the CBT's, Trancenders, Vocab Memorization, and hands on with our lab setup, how long do you think it will take us to tackle the material in book 70-270. Does 6 Months sound too little too much or just right? 6 Months is a chapter per week.

Thanks all for your input and look forward to starting this study group / class!

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I'll leave the recommendation for CBTs up to others, just want say that 6 months is still pretty fast, but not undoable if you will all do a lot of studying individually as well.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Johan
  • Options
    xDreaMeRxxDreaMeRx Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone else have idea's one good CBT's or Lab Material for a network of 6 XP pro Computers and a Server 2003 Computer?
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ive always heard cbt nuggets are good material.

i used them for my a+ and network+ and both were quite gd, along with a gd book are ideal.

but i cant afford cbt nuggets for this icon_sad.gif abit short of £££££'s
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    gomonngomonn Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Maybe u should start a training school !!! :D Have u thought about that ? :)
    Was kidding ! Good idea though ....
    My recommandation would be Testout !!! Good explanations, lots of labs, and lots of Q&A ... I see that u have the $$, so go for it !!!
    Working on MCSA and CCNA
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Webmaster wrote:
    ... just want say that 6 months is still pretty fast, but not undoable if you will all do a lot of studying individually as well.

One test every 3 weeks average? I think that's do-able.