Options

SHOW IP ROUTE

MAC_GLASGOWMAC_GLASGOW Inactive Imported Users Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is there anyway to tell whether RIP or RIPv2 is being used with the command show ip route or would you have to use the command show ip protocols?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is there anyway to tell whether RIP or RIPv2 is being used with the command show ip route or would you have to use the command show ip protocols?

thanks

The only way would be if you had multiple route entries for rip with different length masks.This would mean its using vlsm which is only supported by ripv2.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    pannupanditpannupandit Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    show ip route command can not be used to show the both protocols rip and rip v2.If more than 1 protocols are configured on the router, then show ip route will choose those routes which are chosen by the protocol having lowest administrative distance.you have to use show ip protocols command to see all the protocols that have been used.Well as on this case as both rip and ripv2 have same administrative distance.SO am too confused as i haven't done it practically. will do it and tell u.
    thanx
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    show ip route command can not be used to show the both protocols rip and rip v2.If more than 1 protocols are configured on the router, then show ip route will choose those routes which are chosen by the protocol having lowest administrative distance.you have to use show ip protocols command to see all the protocols that have been used.Well as on this case as both rip and ripv2 have same administrative distance.SO am too confused as i haven't done it practically. will do it and tell u.
    thanx
    You can only configure one instance of rip on a router.After that you choose to leave as default version 1 or change to version 2.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$