Options

What I hope is a good thing...

Welp, since reading is something I dont really like to do I found my self struggling with the 290.
My community college is offering a 4 month class coving 6 exams for the MCSE2003.
The class runs from 5pm-10pm MTWTH.
After I switch scheduals with a co-worker I will now be able to work M-F 7-2:30.
I am also getting married in Feb which adds to an already busy schedual.
I talked to the professer and Im going to make it atleast twice a week and he wont drop me.
I already have the 270 done and Im hoping the class will help me out just enough to get me to understand and buckle down.
I hope my fiance doesnt kill me.
Wish me luck. =)

Cess
A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    That's how I started out on the MCSE path, taking classes. One thing I can say is that, although it sounds like you'll be stressed out of your mind within the courses, it may not be as difficult as it may seem. From my experience, IT classes (especially at colleges) tend to be relatively relaxed. Even if the work is difficult, it's generally not the same environment as when you're working towards a degree.

The atmosphere is usually more geared towards learning the material, not so much in what grade you're getting. Well, this is what I've found to be true most of the time, and I hope it's the same for you. Hopefully, you'll find that the classes might take a lot out of you, but you won't feel like you're getting totally killed, in the end. With the classes, and all the other things going on for you, I wish you luck and I hope you achieve all the things you're working towards.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think you'll really enjoy it, although it will certainly keep you busy. I think you may find that you'll make it more than twice a week after you come in and find what you've been missing. I did something similar several years back. I took a 9 month (2 days per week, 12 hours total) NT4 course and loved it. I was able to go back for free and sit the classes later under W2K. IT was a real help. Good luck! Oh, and I hope your school loans are not with Sallie Mae. They are nothing more than loan sharks IMO.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    I am a firm believer that Everybody gets what they want. If you want it bad enough you will make it happen. If not, you have outlined plenty of excuses to cover your lack of success. Do or not do, there is no try. icon_cool.gif

"Take this trouble for me: Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim."

-- Max von Stephanitz
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    Well I can bet that I will bare minimum get 4 tests taken care of from that class. I will not settle for anything less. I know I will atleast have my MCSA2k3.
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.