Options

ARCH - another one Knocked out!

wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
Well after lots of worrying about this one I passed this morning with a 925! more than I thought I was going to get!

Study was enjoyable, but the exam was a reading test! how many words a minute can you read!!! ?

study wise I used

http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587051850&rl=1

The Cisco press Self study guide - This was Ok by dryer than the Gobi Desert!

I also used the CBT nuggets which was ok but didnt really go in depth enough

The best was the Cisco Authorized training on the Channel Partner E-learning on CCO (By knowledgenet)
This was very informative and not boaring, followed the exam objectives very well indeed - highly reccomend

boson tests was utter trash for this exam!!

Now on to the QOS exam for CCIP before I embark on my lab icon_cool.gif
Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i told you, you were fine.. icon_wink.gif congrats

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/banana.php icon_thumright.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

If you have a router on a train (with 2 locomotives for hardware redundancy) leaving Paris at 7:00am GMT and a 2nd train traveling West through Berlin with another router at 100Km/hour -- how many steps are there in Enterprise Edge Design and where would you place the Network Management Module?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    If you have a router on a train (with 2 locomotives for hardware redundancy) leaving Paris at 7:00am GMT and a 2nd train traveling West through Berlin with another router at 100Km/hour -- how many steps are there in Enterprise Edge Design and where would you place the Network Management Module?

If only the questions were that short! but yup a stupid exam, but some of the material is good especialy as Im in an Architect/Design role. Id have one Q that was about 4 paragrahps long! I had to scroll a full page 3 times! good job I read quick huh! ah well another one done, and it Renewed CCNP too so 3 year clock reset again.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    wildfire wrote:

If only the questions were that short! but yup a stupid exam, but some of the material is good especialy as Im in an Architect/Design role. Id have one Q that was about 4 paragrahps long! I had to scroll a full page 3 times! good job I read quick huh! ah well another one done, and it Renewed CCNP too so 3 year clock reset again.

I haven't taken the ARCH test, but that sounds a lot like the CCDA test was....a scenerio a few paragraphs long. Within that scenerio is hidden two or three sentences that you really need to answer the question(s). The rest is nonrelevant fluff.
  • Options
    NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    wow, congratulations man! nice score!! :) i hear ARCH is very difficult!
    Let us know how the QoS studying goes! I wanted to get a book just to see what it's all about but trying not to rush things! Congrats on your pass!
    :)
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
  • Options
    Johnny 5Johnny 5 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Very nice - got the CCDA and CCNP years ago and have been meaning to upgrade, but I keep hearing horror stories and have decided to put it on the back burner figuring it wouldn't be very useful to my career. Perhaps I shall reconsider.