Where and When to start with for A+ Certification

QuestionTimeQuestionTime Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi:

I am computer hardware tech with few years experience and planning to obtain an A+ Certification. Everyone now knows that A+ certiifcation will release a new version at the end of 2006 and the existing one will be retired.

After I read overall posting in this forum, I believe most of ppl here would suggest me if I need to go for it better to do it before the end of this year. It is because Pricing for the new A+ Certification 2006 will go up again (Correct me if I am wrong )

However, I am wondering on the new A+ Certification is there a big change then the existing one ? Am I going to miss lots of material not covering in the existing one ? (Really should I start go for the existing one instead of wait until the end of 2006 ?)

Also if I am going to start self study for the A+ certification, in which I am planning write the exam on the coming november, Any books recommanded ? Any study material recommanded ?

Thank you.
The better a man is , the more mistakes he will make . Peter Drucker!

Comments

• QuestionTimeQuestionTime Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just have a little quick touch up. If I buy a book it stays for exam 220-301 & 220-302. Is that book still compatible with the currently exam in CompTIA - A+ Essential and 220-602/603/604 ?
    Coz I check most of the web site but still cannot find any books related with A+ Essential or one of the elective exam 220-602/603/604.

What should I do ?
    The better a man is , the more mistakes he will make . Peter Drucker!
  • drpower555drpower555 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What I do with books is turn to the third page or so where it tells you when the book was published. If the new stuff comes out in 2006 and the book was published in 2003, well theres your answer. And go for the test NOW and stop thinking about 2006. In six months you should be able to pull off at least three certs.
    Psychotic Anthropophobiac Android
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    ummm....Hi QuestionTime.
    Your other thread is already full of answers regarding your question. I think it's StudyingTime and GetYoCertTime now, QuestionTime.

Cheers!

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=98297#98297
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • frankj1247frankj1247 Member Posts: 111
    Go get it now; I doubt employers will even know that there's a new A+ out there, but I could be wrong.
  • bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    I am a computer programmer and network admin for my job...have over 10 years in the IT field but just started getting certifications this summer.

It can be stressfull, but start small and work your way up.

I bought Mike Meyers All in One A+ certification book...walked me though the material very quickly and in-depth, even told me what to expect at the testing center and what to expect on the test.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780072229912&itm=2

Spent about 5 weeks reading that book and this site, then took both the Hardware and OS tests in one day - passed both icon_lol.gif

Others can recomend other reading material and CBT videos - the above is just what I used.

But my $0.02 worth is to take the tests (and pass) before the new versions come out...after the new version comes out there will be a delay in new study material coming out.

And welcome to the site, stick around - this is one of the best forums for certifications I have found.