Options

Need Help passing 640-801

michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
Hey Guys,
I'm new to the board but not to the site. I've taken thsi test 3 times as of today I read lammle's book about 3 times as well. I also picked up the CCNA flash cards and the exam cram test questions as well as other test questions from ****.com. I also picked up Lammmle's router sim and I'm still failing this test. Everytime I look on here someone's talking about how they passed. I just need to find out what I'm doing wrong. When I took the test today I skipped the questions where you have to do the actual router configs. I realize that's a week spot for me, not having any actual workplace router experience so I'm going to do a few more router sims, but I'm getting desperate here. I'm trying to keep my head up but failing this test 3 times is a downer. Today I failed with a 580 and the other two times with a 637 and a 587 so that means that I did worst than my first two times. Any help that anyone can give me or any type of guidance, taking this exam is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    Why don't you post on CCNA section ? You know is a CCNA section icon_rolleyes.gif

But for your help , I recomana Sybex , or taking a CCNA NET Academy , and some practice test's , and subeting , VLAN'S , routing and all kind of stuff , but knoeing and practicing , Boson , Pachet Tracer are your friend's , when you don't have the real one , just emulate ...

Good luck on your 4-th attemps , and don't go there unprepared :P
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey Guys,
    I just need to find out what I'm doing wrong.
    Here are the answers to your question:
    as well as other test questions from "products to **** my way through exams because I'm too darn lazy to actually study for it".com.
    When I took the test today I skipped the questions where you have to do the actual router configs. I realize that's a week spot for me
    You simply can't pass the CCNA by memorizing **** questions from a **** site and not knowing how to do the sims. Your best bet is to start over with a different book, do the sims until you are very comfortable with configuring a router, and forget everything you memorized from the brain **** site. Good luck next time.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    If you can't do the sim, what good of a cisco engineer are you going to be? Make sure you understand the sims because they are the most valuable to you.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • Options
    michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
    Thanks guys for being real with me. What Olajuwon said is true. I can know all the theory I need but If I can't configure a router without the actual steps to do it in front my face, I'll never pass. I was going to take it over again in a month but I may need more than a month to learn the configuration part of it, so I'll take my time. I'll go over lammle's book again and see what other study guides may be on the market, and go through the router sims again
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Go to Cisco's CCNA prep site and do every sim lab you can get your hands on. Know all your relevent commands cold, especially items in setting up simple routing (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF), and even setting up router login and configuration of interfaces.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/PrepCenter?page=main