Options

Pass ICND

brAunbrAun Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
just come back from testing centre... pass my ICND with score 934, this is my second try and i pass. after i fail my ICND for first time, i lost my interest in studying ccna and after 6 months i decided to take it again. but i am lack of motivation and nvr can concentrate on study so i book an exam and set a deadline for myself. This is really works for pushing myself to study....

thanks for the help guys....

i am thinking of doing MCP or continue CCNP, any suggestion?
Failure is the mother of success, just never stop trying :)

Comments

• Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    well done, nice score,

why dont you share with the group what you used to prepare?

Also regarding your next choice, what is it you want to achieve? do you work on networks or with servers? CCNP is a long journey, and if you start it now remeber its going to be updated in November.

Once again congrats
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    Grat's icon_idea.gif
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    thanks,

i attend cisco academy program, i use the text book from academy program. cisco press CCNA 3 and 4 and ccna command quick reference which help me alots in practise configuring the router.

i don't have a job at the moment icon_sad.gif so i don't really don't what should i go for next.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    brAun wrote:
    i don't have a job at the moment icon_sad.gif so i don't really don't what should i go for next.

Well... since the CCNP is changing and takes a bunch of time, the MCP could give you more bang for the buck. If you don't have lots of IT experience, it's something else to put on your resume and gives you more options for jobs and a greater chance to get your resume pulled from the stack. And then you can use that job (even if it is a lowly Microsoft Help Desk job) for the important stuff like CCNP study material, CCNP home lab, beer, and maybe living expenses. :D

Good Luck!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    thanks for ur suggestion mikej412. i will go for mcp (window xp client). do u think 3 weeks would be enough for mcp certification?
    i know this question is very different for every1.

but from ur exp, how long wil it take to do mcp(xp)?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    brAun wrote:
    but from ur exp, how long wil it take to do mcp(xp)?
    What experience? icon_lol.gif Oh, I'm using XP Professional on my laptop -- nevermind.

Like any exam, it depends on your experience and how interesting you find the material.

With Servers you expect a lot of fun topics, but with desktop operating systems you might underestimate the amount of mind numbing trivia that could be asked.

Plus, if its your first MS exam -- you have to get used to how they do things.

If you study hard, are motivated, and do the hands-on stuff -- you could probably do it in the 3 weeks you mentioned -- but no weekends off until you are done.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    tuscanituscani Member Posts: 121
    3 weeks might be a stretch... Microsoft has really stepped up its exams in recent years! The 2003 exams are far more difficult than the NT\2000 exams. I would give yourself a few months to prepare.