Options

Secure over the internet ;)

!30!30 Member Posts: 356
I ask you guy's because I think you have more experience than me , and know what security over internet means , thing's like antivirus firewall , etc..

What is the best combination to maintain your security over the internet , or how much you can , coz your never 100 % icon_eek.gif
Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)

Comments

• Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    All the above.

Really, it all depends on what you need secured. If you REALLY want security, pull out your NIC, keyboard and graphics card from your PC. icon_wink.gif

At minimum, have AV/spyware and firewall. A broadband modem performing NAT is a good defense from someone attacking your PC by IP, so even if you only had one PC connected to a DSL/Cable modem, it is a good idea to use the router.

If you want to dive deeper into what network security involves, studying Security+ is a great way to start.
  • Options
    forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    Get yourself a good DSL or cable router/firewall that provides stateful packet inspection. Linksys makes a couple of them.

In a nutshell here's what stateful packet inspection (SPI) is:
    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/S/stateful_inspection.html
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The only truly secure PC is one placing in a room with no doors or windows and not connected to anything except its own perepherils icon_wink.gif

For the rest of us - we use firewalls, AV products, AntiSpyware products and most of all strong passwords that are changed regularly and not used anywhere else.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007