Options

2nd attempt - Passed!

homerj742homerj742 Member Posts: 251
Failed - 847/1000

Passed on saturday - 860/1000

Now the reason I have an 860, is because one of the simulations wouldn't let me type. I was at question 51, I had a simple simulation which I solved the last time I took the exam. But the console screen wouldn't let me type, and when it did let me type, it returned double double (ex- I type 'enable' it would type "enableenable"). 15mins left in the exam, the guy didn't know what the problem was, so I just skipped it, and passed somehow. My score probably would've been about 20pts higher! haha, in either case, I have the knowledge and that's all that matters.

Question now is: I want to go for the CCSP and CCNP. Naturally, one would go for the CCNP first, however with these new exams out, I would rather study for the newer material. I just have to wait for the books to come out. So what do I do in the mean time? Study for the CCSP? wait? Get a Microsoft Cert while waiting (server 2k3??)

Comments

• Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Congrats!
    witty comment
  • Options
    brAunbrAun Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well done, congrats.....
    Failure is the mother of success, just never stop trying :)
  • Options
    eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    congrats!
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    C0ongrats! I've heard of double typing like that. Usually that's caused by a lag in the simulation and us being impatient, type the command again. Then, the sim responds to both attempts.

I too am awaiting the new stuff. I thought my company might have connections to Cisco student kits, since we sell training provided by others. I know that would cost me a lot, but still cheaper than taking an actual class, then I can get a lab together. No such luck so I'll wait.

Managers around here just don't understand the new changes and want me to use material that others used. Considering that a few complained that Show Mac Table wasn't in their study guides for CCNA, that has me concerned for the new CCNP objectives. Everything in the Cisco Student Kit I got for CCNA class was on the mark for the test, so that's what I really want for CCNP material.
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    homerj742 wrote:
    Failed - 847/1000

Passed on saturday - 860/1000

847? Oh no, soooooo close. But congrats on the pass!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • Options
    Danman32 wrote:
    C0ongrats! I've heard of double typing like that. Usually that's caused by a lag in the simulation and us being impatient, type the command again. Then, the sim responds to both attempts.

I too am awaiting the new stuff. I thought my company might have connections to Cisco student kits, since we sell training provided by others. I know that would cost me a lot, but still cheaper than taking an actual class, then I can get a lab together. No such luck so I'll wait.

Managers around here just don't understand the new changes and want me to use material that others used. Considering that a few complained that Show Mac Table wasn't in their study guides for CCNA, that has me concerned for the new CCNP objectives. Everything in the Cisco Student Kit I got for CCNA class was on the mark for the test, so that's what I really want for CCNP material.

Thank you everybody.

And yes, to me it makes sense to wait and get the new CCNP material. I'm contemplating just using the CCNP Prep center until the new books come out. Then after that, RAPID FIRE CERTS (or not! haha).
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

So, if you passed on Saturday, and are doing the "official passed thread" on Monday -- does that mean the time in between was spend celebrating? drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    haha, afraid I'm not a drinker, but I spent some quality time with loved ones and that was enough of a celebration to me!

I can't wait to begin persuing CCNP/CCSP.