Options

Pearson VUE closes down a brain **** site

billgbillg Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
From Robert Cringley.

Hot or Not? The folks at xxxxxxx.com probably aren't having a hot time right now. A few days after my blurb on the bogus certification site appeared, it was shut down by testing service Pearson VUE. xxxxxx and its ilk are related to a Taiwan-based "braindumping" gang, four of whose members were arrested back in 2004, says Mark Poole, VUE security wonk.

Poole says anybody who signs up with one of these "no-study" cert services should have their skulls probed for signs of intelligent life.
"Why would you give your personal information and credit card info to a scammer in China?" he asks. "Some people are so stupid it must hurt."

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    More good news, thanks for sharing!

This was a socalled gunman test site, which we discussed in a topic here some time ago. Not only the direct result of taking these guys down is obviously great, I hope it also serves as an example (warning) to others.

Well put from Mark Poole icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    billg wrote:
    Poole says anybody who signs up with one of these "no-study" cert services should have their skulls probed for signs of intelligent life.
    "Why would you give your personal information and credit card info to a scammer in China?" he asks. "Some people are so stupid it must hurt."

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I couldn't agree more. This is great news!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Awesome! :D
    witty comment
  • Options
    OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    Awesome news :D
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    w00o ho00ooo. Someone is finally starting to listen. icon_cheers.gif
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    About time!

Particularly like the paragraph:

I hope people who use these to memorise the exams do get scammed!!!
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    vviivvii Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome news
    Obtained: A+, MCSE03, CCNA & CCNP

Coming Soon: Juniper ...
  • Options
    sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Some people are so stupid it must hurt.

icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    boyles23boyles23 Member Posts: 130
    I hope this is a continuing trend but unfortunately, they shut one down and another probably comes back up. Maybe if they keep it up and make it harder on these people it will really make an impact. :D
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    One at a time!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    blackzoneblackzone Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think it's more a scam website, then a braindump site. I live in Taiwan, that's how things are here.

The integrity of people here are horrible here. You see the president getting into money scandals, presdent's wife get into money scandals, presiden'ts wife's mother getting into money scandals, presiden'ts wife's brother getting into money scandals, president's son-in-laws get into money scandals, presdent's son-in-laws's father getting into money scandals.

A few year's back 2 billion dollar of country defense just vanished.

And worse of all, I don't get why so many senators are in the mafia, involved in sex scandals, and worse of all are alleged killers?