what's better!

iliriiliri Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am working on MCSE 70-210 but I have been thinking if it'd be good to find a part time job as a pc tech support while I am studying for mcse that would give some experience dealing with computers and small office networks.
What do you guys think is it better to be concetrated on the mcse exams and to spend more time studying for them or go ahead and find a job to get some experience?

Comments

• cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    That's the easiest question I have ever had to answer. EXPERIENCE! That's the most important thing that employers want. I have a bunch of certifications and almost have MCSE:Security, but I'm lucky if I can get an interview because of my lack of experience. Just try to fill that resume up with work experience, and you'll be much better off than someone like me. Good luck on the job hunt, and keep studying your stuff.

Cheeblie
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    EXPERIENCE!
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • CrossCross Member Posts: 234
    Find a job that lets you obtain experience. If they heep telling you that you have no experience push for a small part time, while you prep for your certifications.
    Let them knoe your intentions straight forth.
    I'll change highways at the crossroads, I'm going only where I desire.

http://www.darkroads.com
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have to agree totally with cross.
    Sometimes it can appear that you are perhaps heading sideways or backwards, but there can be more benefits than negatives - including if you are very sensible and keen having your employer assist with paid time off and even funding for your exams.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007