Options

Testout

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
Has anyone used this software with their studies?

If so, is it any good / worth my while?
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A lot of people seem to like the testout software. It is very expensive though per exam. Because of its price, lots of people go without, including myself; though I would like to be able to use it.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    gomonngomonn Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Very good to give you a first overview, but you definitely need some thing else (I would recommend MS Press)... You will notice throught their practice exam that there is a lot of info that they don't teach you. Otherwise, their practice tests are really good, and the lab sections let you practice with the integrated simulator...
    If you can, go for it, you will have no regret for doing it
    Working on MCSA and CCNA
  • Options
    rockstar81rockstar81 Member Posts: 151
    I am a big fan of testout, I have the entire mcse bunch they do. I really enjoy the format and its explained in a easy to understand manner.
  • Options
    Someone in my company has their MCSE cds. He said that he may sell them to me.

I looked on their website, very expensive.

But from what I have seen on their format it looks very informative, easy navigation and little tests here and there.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    TestOut is good stuff, I used it for 291 and needed very little supplementation to hit the ground running... Lots of simulations, lots of test questions, lots of video and printable study sheets, 5 final exams, a good product IMO better than CBT Nuggets or Train Signal.
    Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  • Options
    sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think testout looks excellent- however to expensive so I stick to the books..
  • Options
    bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    Very expensive ....but you get what you pay for.

Used TestOut for Security+ and 70-270....makes learning sooo much faster. But you have to get over the fact that the person speaking is typically camera shy in the first few chapters.

And Always use a second source...I have been using ExamCram2 books and that seem to work well with testOut.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I've used TestOut, and I loved it. I'll probably be using every video they have, to get ahead with my certs.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    My friend at work let me borrow the 70-270 and you're right. The person does seem to be a little camera shy, which is kind of annoying because I keep on getting distracted by their mistakes.

Oh well. I know these topics really well anyway. Just have to learn the other half.

I have the M$ press book on order from amazon; should be here tomorrow or sometime next week.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    sandspursandspur Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used testout. I did not go through any of their training so I cannot comment on that. However, I used the practice exams over and over again (they require 95% to pass). I then searched on the internet where I was lacking, specific terms, commands, etc. I did some of the practice exams here over the weekend and on other sites as well but did not fare much better than 80% on those. I took the real exam this morning. The questions on the real exam where almost exactly like the ones from the practice test on testout. I scored 968. I will definitely be using their products for the remaining tests.