Options

Failed with a 809..

matlmatl Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
First time i did the test. i'm a little disapointed but i'll take it again before sept. 30. Had many questions on Frame relay and i was kind of suprised. Got 33% on WAN but did very well on the rest, all 80% and above.

The sims were not very hard but the hard part is to understand what they want you to do.

Well next time i'll pass it. Just gotta study harder, especially the WAN stuff.

The only advice i can give to anyone passing the test soon is: Learn to subnet! Must had 10 questions or so about subnetting.

Comments

• Options
    kicker22kicker22 Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am about to take the test soon,

but I was wondering, how long did it take you to study for CCNA?

I am wondering..

kicker
  • Options
    A little more than 2 months.

Took 1 month to read Sybex book, then 1 month of taking tests, doing router sims and more reading.
  • Options
    vitaliysnetvitaliysnet Inactive Imported Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dont give up. Also I have a question, what kind of Frame-Relay questions did you have, for example: What are DLCI's are used for on frame-relay interfaces? Or What LMI type is used on CISCO routers by default?
    Or you had more of harder questions then that.
  • Options
    ciabanciaban Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    10 days. Failed after 3 days of studying with an 847. Then took it 7 days later and passed with 949 (Stupid mistake 'cuz I rushed the test).

Have several years of network experience, but only had 10 days of cisco when I passed.

Some take 6 months to a year. Just depends on how well you deal with networking, tests, and operating systems (IOS)
  • Options
    Dont give up. Also I have a question, what kind of Frame-Relay questions did you have, for example: What are DLCI's are used for on frame-relay interfaces? Or What LMI type is used on CISCO routers by default?
    Or you had more of harder questions then that.

I won't give up. I'm pretty confident i'll pass it next time. I can't tell the exact questions but there was some like the ones you mentions and some that were harder.