Options

difference in CCNA and CCDA

seth223ukseth223uk Member Posts: 158
how different is CCDA to CCNA? As i was thinkin of taking this next? Is there any overlap and will having CCNA knowledge benfit me at all or will i be working on a completely new topic?
Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I would say very different. CCDA involves a lot of details about different network technologies, when to use which, network design the cisco-way, network analisys and documentation. Except the router configuration skills you will benifit from being a CCNA though.

www.cisco.com/go/ccda

www.cisco.com/go/ccna
  • Options
    hmmmm so if i get CCNA i think moving to professional level such as CCNP would be better to recertify and gain more skills at the same time.
    Can a CCNA move to CCDP? Or would it be better to stay with CCNP? Which is harder and which is more in demand would you say in UK?

thanks icon_lol.gif
    Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    hmmmm so if i get CCNA i think moving to professional level such as CCNP would be better to recertify and gain more skills at the same time.
    Absolutely.
    Can a CCNA move to CCDP?
    Can, but CCDP requires CCDA (and CCNA). But the first 3 exams for CCDP are the same as for CCNP, so if you are CCNA, CCDA and CCNP, you 'only' need to take one exam to become CCDP.
    Or would it be better to stay with CCNP? Which is harder and which is more in demand would you say in UK?
    CCNP is definitely more in demand, it is more well known than CCDP and it is more 'practical'. CCDP, IMHO, is talking about networks (i.e. consultancy, sales rep.), CCNP is creating and troubleshooting networks.
    If you want to become an actual network designer you will have to get experience creating and troubleshooting them first, before anyone wil let you design a network coresponding to the CCDP topics.

The one is not harder than the other, it depends on the person who's taking it... CCDP is more theoretical and for some may be harder to learn because a lot of things cannot be learned from practicing in a lab. For others it might be the opposite.

I hope this helps! Good luck whatever you choose ;)
  • Options
    thankyou webmaster once again you have helped me see the light and im very grateful icon_cool.gif