Options

Almost there.. does falling asleep count?

cybereapercybereaper Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Yikes.. okay, laughable, but not much I can do about having a sleep disorder. Of course, I only slept through about 15 of the last questions. With a score of 541, I don't suppose the last 15 or so would have made too much of a difference.
Thing is, I really know this information, but I think my trouble is interfacing with the testing materials. Nothing wrong with it - in fact, I rather thought MS did a good job (finally - they've got to be good at something! LOL) with the questions and level of difficulty on this test. But, with my learning being affected by my sleep disorder, I guess I don't learn the same way anymore.
So - anyone have any good suggestions on a combination study/prep test bundle? I've been reading the Microsoft Press MCSE 70-270, using the free techexams and mcmcse tests (both awesome now that I've taken the actual test and have seen the correlation). I think more of a test interface would help. I work in IT as an intern, and I interface with almost everything that's in the 70-270 on a daily basis. So, hands on is there, and I have an option to run some real life labs as my workplace permits me access to my own test server.
White paper stuff is too hard for me to read with my sleep disorder - so something more hands on, focused on the 70-270, but that also isn't overly expensive. Hey - I'm a student and a single father.. I'll sacrifice as much as I can to succeed, but I gotta save a little :) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
-cyber

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cybereaper wrote:
    Nothing wrong with it - in fact, I rather thought MS did a good job (finally - they've got to be good at something! LOL)

Sorry, did I accidentally come into the linux/mac users forum where everyone hates Microsoft and makes sarcastic remarks about them?

Anyways, to answer your question, Mspress 70-270 is rated extremely highly on Amazon so I would keep using that. CBT Nuggets is an excellent source for learning. http://technet.microsoft.com, http://support.microsoft.com, http://msdn.microsoft.com, this site of course, and google! Also, Syngress is selling a lot of their books for $9 each till the end of August, not sure if the 70-270 book is in there, but you can check. Sybex is also good at writing certification books.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I used Sybex, technotes here and practice tests from mcmcse.com, here and free-tests.com.

Best of luck to you on the next attempt. :)
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Missing 15 questions would indeed hurt you bad. That's almost 1/4 of the test!

Since you have a disorder, the testing center should (actually legally required to) make reasonable accomodations for your disablility. The easiest one I could think of would be checking on you every few minutes to be sure you haven't fallen asleep, and if you have, to wake you. Even better, sit with you. MS gives plenty of time for their tests, so the few minutes you might lose shouldn't hurt you. Now if this were a CCNA test, then you would be in trouble.
  • Options
    gomonngomonn Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you can buy ur voucher with measure up + the 270 testing material (about $200), I am pretty sure it will help gauge yourself and learn at the same time + they are the ones that prepare the real MS exams ...so . They will help you get throught the test quickly so that u don't fall asleep
    You will do it !!!!
    Working on MCSA and CCNA