Options

Can't believe it !!!

gomonngomonn Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
Yes ! It happened !!! Passed the test this mornig ... Was so scared, I have been studied hard for 3 weeks, used Testout (their tests are so tricky and it really helped me a lot), MS Press and the Technotes when something was missing .... Used Measure up (very good, some questions were the same) and Transcenders for the tests .... Hardly got 80 % on the tests when preparing.....
When I saw the congratulations !!! Rubbed my eyes, and when I saw the score, 837 ! what a surprise !!!!
It might seem a little weird but, with those questions, even when I know I am right, I can't help it but doubt (maybe their is a little comma I did not see :) )

Ok so lots of permissions, either NTFS or share, IIS, printing, sysprep and RIS ... My weakest point was Desktop environment ....
Now what ? 290 !!!

Thanks for all of you, the forum was a very good help for me, have printed technotes all over my desk .... Thanks Johan icon_wink.gif
Working on MCSA and CCNA

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

290 would be a logical next step if you want to complete the MCSA or MCSE track.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I do agree with Webmaster that you should go for the 70-290. I did the 70-290 a few months ago and I used the 70-290 book which was pretty good. It did leave out a good bit of information which was easily obtainable from Windows Server 2003 Help + Support (which is actually very informative) as well as from http://technet.microsoft.com. CBT Nuggets is an excellent source for training as well. Good luck on 70-290!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    CONGRATS !!!

And yes I think we all agree 290 is the next step.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!

Good luck on the 70-290.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass mate!

how did you find the exam then?
    were you really only scoring upto 80% on the practice tests?
    i am hoping to do the exam in a few weeks and this post is def giving me inspiration!

thanks for the reply in advance
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    gomonngomonn Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Nel ! Yes I was scoring about 80 % at most, but what I did was, on each testing program, I would select the questions for just one objective.... Go throught it, and then jump to the other program, and go through the same objective. That way, I was not working on the same questions all the time..... I did not really have the time to practice a real test, wanted to make sure that I could be comfortable on all subjects ...
    Measure up was a very good help, I would suggest that U buy ur voucher on their site + the 270 kit (about $200 total) ... u will better understand their tricks .... Again thank you guys ! Appreciate your support, and Nel to tell you the truth, I was following your posts all the time icon_wink.gif
    Working on MCSA and CCNA
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey gomonn!

thanks for that mate...seems like i have a stalker ;) shame im ova the overside of the pond.jkn. anyway....

i have a measureup cd that came with the MS book and i also have the transcenders gear! i am hoping to take the exam in the next few weeks to be honest. and then i'll be getting the ball even closer to my mcsa to end my hell on the helpdesk (hopefully)!

cheers gomonn, i hope i will be joining you in the mcp club soon :)
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking