Options

Adative vs Linear

spookyspooky Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
First i like to say that this is my first post and i love the sight....keep going :D .

could you tell me what the differance is between Adaptive and Linear and if its going to be worse or better for wannabe's like me when they take the exam?

will the questions be the same?

From
spooky

Comments

• Options
    jrowejrowe Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    unless your planning on taking the exams this week, forget about adaptive, they will all be linear after the 12th sept.
  • Options
    OK.. iv've got a choice weather to take it this week or next, but what is the differance?
  • Options
    adaptive : 20-30 questions, each question depends on your previous answer, if you get one right the next one is slightly harder, if you get one wrong the next one is slightly easier, if you get to 20 questions and you have a passing score the test will end, if you havent got a passing score the test will continue to ask questions either until you reach a passing score or reach 30 questions, if you reach 30 questions and still haven't got a passing score you fail. 30mins time limit.

linear : 80 straight questions, you can go back and change answers before you finish the exam if you want, when you finish if you have enough right answers you pass, if not you fail, 90mins time limit.

:)
  • Options
    i understand now!!!!! do you know what the pass mark is for the linear exam is???
  • Options
    The minimum passing scores for the A+ linear exams covering the 2001 objectives are 467 for the Core Hardware and 469 for the OS exam. Both exams are graded on a scale of 100 - 900.
  • Options
    Cheers thanks a lot for the info, well appreciated cheers........

PS.. Do you thing its a better way of taking the exams icon_confused.gif:
  • Options
    personally i prefer the linear format

adaptive IMO doesn't test your knowledge to a very great extent.

:)
  • Options
    Cheers matey, i think i might take it soon!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    Good Luck, let us know how u do ! :D:D