Post Your Lab (PICS)

Comments

• AvidNetworkerAvidNetworker Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow sweet setup. I have zero lab equipment, but at some point I know I need to get some if I want to do the CCNP.
  • mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just updated my lab folks ^_^ Figured i 'd post a picture. Added three 2811's

Click the link for high res image;

Matt George - CCIE Lab

ielab_tn.jpg
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    mgeorge wrote: »

Click the link for high res image;

You even have SFP's? Holy great god biscuit lover of Jeff.

I mean, nice rack.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Very Niiiiiiiiiiiiice Matt!!!!!
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Some of ya checking out my rack (that kinda sounds dirty lol) are probably wondering what the 3620 is for...

That particular router has the nm-2fe2w and nm-32a/s in it which is used as my terminal server (like a 2509) but better... The 3620 suits my needs better due to it having a front console port. Using a 2811 as a terminal server is just a waste of money when you can pick up a 3620 for like 30 bucks...
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • CyberNBDCyberNBD Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The current status of my ever-expanding lab setup:

5448138117_d36b412848_z.jpg

5448745588_da50523118_z.jpg

5448745696_2c5919a16f_z.jpg

5448138001_cec9fb1f22_z.jpg

1x WS-C2950T
    2x WS-C3550G-48
    1x WS-C3550G-24PWR
    2x WS-C2950G-24

4x 2621XM w. WIC-1T, one with NM-2V + VIC-2FXS
    4x 2610XM w. WIC-T
    1x 3640 w. NM-2E2W + 2x NM-4T
    1x 2620 w. NM-32A
    2x 4006 w. WS-X4014 SUP3 / WS-X4424-GB-RJ45 / WS-X4418-GB

5448138243_0431a13f2f_z.jpg

Lab together with some other toys. Middle rack also houses a VMWare server for the lab (running some win7 clients, callmanager etc.). Everything can be switched by 2 AP7921 PDU's.
    I also have some 7970 IP phones.
  • geek4godgeek4god Member Posts: 187
    CyberNBD I think it is time to stop calling that a lab and start calling it what it it.. A lair!!
  • impzimpz Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CyberNBD wrote: »
    The current status of my ever-expanding lab setup:
    I must say, that lab environment looks conducive for studying cisco
  • ltgenspecificltgenspecific Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Christ on a cracker... when do you plan on starting your bid for world domination? Better yet, can I join your side?
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I'm more concerned about the state of your hearing with that lot buzzing away behind you :)
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    What's that grey panel on the wall? AC outlet?
  • JollycorkJollycork Member Posts: 149
    while having my lab up almost 24/7, the wife complained the electric bill went up $25USD to $30USD per month....and I don't have half of what you have...

Maybe a diesel generator?

Awsome lab!
    phoeneous wrote: »
    What's that grey panel on the wall? AC outlet?
    Indeed Belgian style :)
    Jollycork wrote: »
    while having my lab up almost 24/7, the wife complained the electric bill went up $25USD to $30USD per month....and I don't have half of what you have...

Maybe a diesel generator?

Awsome lab!

Thanks!
    Luckily for my electricity bill I don't have the lab running 24/7. Only the two left-side racks excluding the VMware server in the second rack are running 24/7 since those devices are part of my home network. The rest I only switch on when I need it. I'm using the IP 7970 phone on my desk, which can control the APC PDU's, for that icon_cool.gif

5187112285_59b1c85395_z.jpg
    5187112187_1e61300452_z.jpg
  • zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
    simply wrote: »
    Noticed you have CCDA, CCNP, but you don't list CCNA... You had to get CCNA before getting CCNP or CCDA correct?
    chmorin wrote: »
    The CCNA is a pre-req for the CCNP, but it is not for the CCDA. Alot of people don't list previous certifications in the path because they are implied.

What he said...
    bertieb wrote: »
    Nice lab zerglings btw

Thanks.
    mgeorge wrote: »

Nice! Wish I had more money to spare so I could've gotten 2811s instead of 2801s. Though, 2801s will serve my needs.
    :study: Life+
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    My company does not even invest in 7970's XD I DREAM of being able to get them in my lab. Very nice, sir.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
    I'm using the IP 7970 phone on my desk, which can control the APC PDU's, for that icon_cool.gif

Please expound on this - You've got my attention :)
    pitviper wrote: »
    Please expound on this - You've got my attention :)

It's quite simple.

Each menu item points to a PHP script.
    These scripts execute snmpset command(s) followed by an snmpget command. The snmpset is used to switch te port, the snmpget is used to display the new state of the switched port(s) for verification.

There is also one script called status. This includes snmpget commands for all ports that can be switched through the IP phone. That's what's displayed on the second picture.
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    It's quite simple.

These scripts execute snmpset command(s) followed by an snmpget command. The snmpset is used to switch te port, the snmpget is used to display the new state of the switched port(s) for verification.

There is also one script called status. This includes snmpget commands for all ports that can be switched through the IP phone. That's what's displayed on the second picture.

That is one of the coolest things I have seen to date. How do you integrate the phone with the php script, or how is integration done (if its not to much info)? BTW, badass lab man, simply badass.
    It's quite simple.

AMAZING! I wonder if it would work with a couple of APC 7901s :)

Love the lab btw!
    That is one of the coolest things I have seen to date. How do you integrate the phone with the php script, or how is integration done (if its not to much info)? BTW, badass lab man, simply badass.

This can be done through the services button of the phone. You can point the services URL to a web server and make the menu's by creating XML files.

Snippet of the PDU control menu XML file:
    <CiscoIPPhoneMenu>
    <Title>PDU Control</Title>
    <Prompt>Select Object</Prompt>

<MenuItem>
    <Name>3 LAB On</Name>
    <URL>http://10.0.0.201/APC/labon.php</URL>
    </MenuItem>

<MenuItem>
    <Name>4 LAB Off</Name>
    <URL>http://10.0.0.201/APC/laboff.php</URL>
    </MenuItem>

<MenuItem>
    <Name>5 VMWare On</Name>
    <URL>http://10.0.0.201/APC/vmon.php</URL>
    </MenuItem>

<MenuItem>
    <Name>6 VMWare Off</Name>
    <URL>http://10.0.0.201/APC/vmoff.php</URL>
    </MenuItem>

<MenuItem>
    <Name>Status</Name>
    <URL>http://10.0.0.201/APC/status.php</URL>
    </MenuItem>
    </CiscoIPPhoneMenu>

I'm in the process of creating a blog (maybeye with some (free) lab rack rentals, although I'm struggling with the frontend part of the scheduling at the moment). When it 's finished I will make a blog post concerning the set-up of this APC control functionality.
    pitviper wrote: »
    AMAZING! I wonder if it would work with a couple of APC 7901s icon_smile.gif

Love the lab btw!

Thanks icon_smile.gif

APC 7901 should be no problem. It's the same as the 7921 only 120V instead of 230V. Basically you can control anything that accepts SNMP SET commands.
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    SUBnet192 wrote: »
    Here's my sort of current lab...

2 VMware ESXi servers

What are the specs on those ESXi servers? Been looking into building something like that for myself and not sure if I want to do pre-built or not. Thanks.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • snoopgstsnoopgst Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's my lab for now. Working on snmpv3 and NCM.
    lab.jpg 50.3K
  • lwwarnerlwwarner Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My current batch of toys:
    (click pic for hi-res image)

skeletek16-1.jpg
    I'm in the process of creating a blog (maybeye with some (free) lab rack rentals, although I'm struggling with the frontend part of the scheduling at the moment). When it 's finished I will make a blog post concerning the set-up of this APC control functionality.

Sweet - I'm going to play around with SNMP on the APC AP7901s a little bit. I've had them sitting here for months, just been too busy to track down a console cable to factory reset them. Took care of that last week; One of these days I'll get the power re-cabled in the rack. Feel free to PM me a link to the blog once it's up!!
  • -DeXteR--DeXteR- Member Posts: 130
    You guys must be freaking Rich to buy all those stuff to rack up . I'm seriously w8ing to get my hands on those icon_sad.gif , hopefully everything will fall in place after i get a decent job . :)
    P.s - 5 years down the line i wanna post pics lik those here :D
  • R-LegendR-Legend Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not rich just added piece by piece. Just finished my LAB (top to bottom)
    1760 (Home router; Wic-1ADSL ; Wic-4ESW)
    NAS (white box)
    1760 (Spare home router; Wic-1DSU56k; Wic-2a/s)
    2610xm (160d/48f ; Wic-2a/s)
    2651 (128d/32f ; NM-4a/s) (Frame Relay)
    2610 (64d/16f ; NM-4a/s) (Soon to be a terminal server)
    (2) 2950t Switches

Around $850.00 so far and a lot of ebay time catching the right deals!
    0304151826.jpg
  • Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    R-Legend wrote: »
    Not rich just added piece by piece. Just finished my LAB (top to bottom)
    1760 (Home router; Wic-1ADSL ; Wic-4ESW)
    NAS (white box)
    1760 (Spare home router; Wic-1DSU56k; Wic-2a/s)
    2651 (128d/32f ; NM-4a/s) (Frame Relay)
    2610 (64d/16f ; NM-4a/s) (Soon to be a terminal server)
    (2) 2950t Switches

Around $850.00 so far and a lot of ebay time catching the right deals!

Nice looking lab. Had to post because the best part about that pic is the baby bottle laying on the floor! icon_lol.gif

Glad I'm not the only one building a lab with little ones around. Seriously, though, thanks for sharing your setup.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Excellent1 wrote: »
    Nice looking lab. Had to post because the best part about that pic is the baby bottle laying on the floor! icon_lol.gif

Glad I'm not the only one building a lab with little ones around. Seriously, though, thanks for sharing your setup.

LOL, in another year I'm going to have protect my equipment from my daughter and vice-versa :D
  • BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    @ CyberNBD that's a sweet lab you got in there bud, I maxed out my 24U rack, I will take a pix one of this days, I am planning getting a full 48U rack, I think I will eventually max it out, are those 4500 or 6500?

Don't you have to space those switches apart? the 3 3550 I have has a fan underneath it.
  • BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    Is there anyone in here running a Server Blade system? The HP P-class are affordable as a home lab.