Post Your Lab (PICS)

Comments

• JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Ltat42a wrote: »
    Where did you get the rack?

Thanx...

It's a $28 rack from amazon.com, it's advertised as 12U, but even a 2950 won't fit in the bottom slot, same goes for 26xx in the slot next to it since the rack is angled you have to put shorter items in the bottom few slots.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    here is a lab I built at work for TSHOOT

Notice my Po's are color coded icon_wink.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    I know this wasn't aimed at me, but I just finished setting up my Digi CM 32. It's cake to set up..point your browser to the management IP, login, and do some very basic config.

One question I have to any other Digi CM users is- do you have a latency when connecting to devices off of the Digi? For example, when I telnet/SSH to devices by specifcying the port number (ie: telnet 172.16.1.1 5020 where 172.16.1.1 is the Digi CM and 5020 is the assigned port number), it takes literally 10+ seconds to come up with a prompt.

I don't have near 10 seconds lag on mine. I noticed a little last night when I was sitting next to my lab, but when i'm at my office I notice none. It's probably my slow computer at home that was creating the lag.

Patel128 wrote: »
    How difficult was it to set up the Digi CM 32? I have a AS-2509-RJ and its out of ports now. I think i would rather have the Digi CM 32.

I second Mrock4's comment about how easy it is to get setup.. I just set mine up last night. Messed with it for about an hour and i'm sshing into it from my office today icon_smile.gif
  • Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Greenmet29 wrote: »
    I don't have near 10 seconds lag on mine. I noticed a little last night when I was sitting next to my lab, but when i'm at my office I notice none. It's probably my slow computer at home that was creating the lag.

I second Mrock4's comment about how easy it is to get setup.. I just set mine up last night. Messed with it for about an hour and i'm sshing into it from my office today icon_smile.gif

That's awesome! I am so tempted right now to order me one even though I want to do my CCENT after I do my A+ Net+ & Security+. I'm more than likely to break down and order it. From what I have seen the current prices are pretty good, and I sure would hate to miss out on them. :)
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I third everyone's comments about how easy it was to setup the DiGi CM32. I didn't have the right console cable, and the Cisco blue cable won't work. Luckily I had a crossover cable available. I configured the NIC in my laptop to a static IP address on the network of the default IP address of the CM32 (after doing factory reset), and I was able to connect just fine to the https web interface.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • bushwackbushwack Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When buying 2nd hand cisco equipments, what are your considerations? what do you usually ask the seller?
    Make your Passion your Profession
  • ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    bushwack wrote: »
    When buying 2nd hand cisco equipments, what are your considerations? what do you usually ask the seller?

Usually just want to see a sh version
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423

I'll have to get a clearer pic, still need a few more things to complete my lab. (Along a few more mounting brackets to rack the stuff in the background)
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    SteveO86 wrote: »

I'll have to get a clearer pic, still need a few more things to complete my lab. (Along a few more mounting brackets to rack the stuff in the background)

Looks good can you give us a run down on all your gear? I see a few more switches sitting behind the rack I believe.
    Looks good can you give us a run down on all your gear? I see a few more switches sitting behind the rack I believe.

Top 4 routers - 1841s
    Next 2 are 2621xm's (Not max memory just yet)
    Middle of the rack 2x 3750's

In the background I got 2x 2960s (LANBase image) and then 2x 3550's (NOC-Ninja should recognize them icon_smile.gif ), then a 3745, In that order. I need to get some more rack mounts for those.

Also got 2x 9 port PDU's in the rack one up top for the switches, another on the bottom for the routers.

I still need to get a few more routers, access server, a lot more WIC's. (I might throw in a ASA5505 in the future if I decide to do CCNP: Sec before CCIE)
    My Networking blog
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    SteveO86 wrote: »

it looks good. I like those 2 3550's you have. icon_thumright.gif
    Those 1841's are not cheap at all. It broke my bank account.
  • dclarkedclarke Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Here is my lab still haven't set it up properly haven't had the time off to lol.
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    Those 1841's are not cheap at all. It broke my bank account.

Yea those 1841's were a pretty penny, I think I dedicated my whole tax return to my CCIE lab icon_smile.gif
    My Networking blog
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How many 1841's are needed for the CCIE?
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
    The INE topology has three 1841's. I went ahead and grabbed four just because.
    My Networking blog
    Sweet - thanks!

I already have 3. Though, one of them is being used as my home router :D Maybe once I get through CCNP I'll use it for my CCIE lab.
    CCNP R/S
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 896 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Question, are you guys paying full price for the Digi CM 32? I'd like to buy one versus the access server route but it seems a little pricey.
    Question, are you guys paying full price for the Digi CM 32? I'd like to buy one versus the access server route but it seems a little pricey.

Oh not at all. Brand new they are very pricey. I was able to get mine off of Ebay for $48, and locally to boot!

Check out this thread here for more details.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
    I need a new rack, added a PIX515 to the mix and one 2U server case for VM use, wish I went with a 20-24U or something like that vs the 12u :/
    You can get one relatively cheap from Dantrak Net  - New and Used Networking Equipment and Peripherals. Skeletek Racks and Accessories.

They are incredibly sturdy.
    CCNP R/S
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    recently added 2 3550's to my rack, will post a pic soon when i get the chance
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    You can get one relatively cheap from Dantrak Net *- New and Used Networking Equipment and Peripherals. Skeletek Racks and Accessories.

They are incredibly sturdy.

Great quality. Probably the nicest purchase I've made.
    I have a rack that is almost identical to theirs - put side by side, you probably wouldn't notice the difference.

Speaking of which, my 20u is full now. I'm going buy a 16u from them within the next few weeks.
    CCNP R/S
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    I have a rack that is almost identical to theirs - put side by side, you probably wouldn't notice the difference.

Speaking of which, my 20u is full now. I'm going buy a 16u from them within the next few weeks.

icon_eek.gif WOW!
    I'll post some pictures when I get home :)
    CCNP R/S
    I almost bought a Skeletek, until I saw a sweet deal on Craigslist that included an APC Smart UPS 1500 for $100 less than the purchased new price of the enclosure I bought. Sometimes you can luck out on Craigslist and find sweet deals on enclosures.

In other news, your 20u is full!!!???......of win?
    Yep, I can see getting of those Skeletek racks soon :)
    LinuxRacr wrote: »
    In other news, your 20u is full!!!???......of win?
    Oh yeh! I guess I have 1u open. Oh, and everyone needs a monster truck hat ;)
    CCNP R/S
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 896 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It's hard to see the bottom, but are there two 19XX or 29XX ISR G2s on the bottom?
    Routers are:

2x 1841's
    2610xm
    2620xm
    2x 2901's
    Power strip and a battery backup.
    CCNP R/S