Post Your Lab (PICS)

Comments

• 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Here's mine :D

Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Nice. How'd you afford those 2901's??
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    Routers are:

2x 1841's
    2610xm
    2620xm
    2x 2901's
    Power strip and a battery backup.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    phoeneous wrote: »
    Nice. How'd you afford those 2901's??
    You wouldn't believe me if I told you.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    MAC - very nice and clean!
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
    4_lom wrote: »
    Here's mine :D
    I love it! Did you make that rack yourself?
    CCNP R/S
    JeanM wrote: »
    MAC - very nice and clean!

Thanks! You should see the back. It's kind of scary.
    CCNP R/S
  • jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    mac why do you have all those red cat5 cables going from switch to switch are they crossovers?
    Yeh, they're all crossover cables that I made. I got bored one day at work and just kept making them. Plus to test my STP knowledge so I could figure out which port had been nominated as the root.
    CCNP R/S
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Recent pictures of my lab. I don't have the facilities yet for neat cabling.... I was finally able to get everything plugged in. I'm curious to see how different the electricity bill will be....

DSC_5509.jpg
    DSC_5507.jpg
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
    Can I have your cabinet, please? :) I've been wanting one for a long, long time.
    CCNP R/S
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    From top to bottom:
    Skeletek 12U Rack
    3x 2950
    1x 2610XM: 2x WIC1T, NM-4A/S (Frame Relay Switch)
    2x 2610XM: 2x WIC1T
    1x 2611XM: 2x WIC1T, NM-16A (Access Server)

2n175ap.jpg
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

I need a few so let's hear your secret :)
    phoeneous wrote: »
    I need a few so let's hear your secret :)
    Our company leases a lot of buildings. We needed two offices in a city - I went in there to do an estimate on what we'd need. They were sitting in the IT closet all boxed up. I thought that previous owner would take them, but no. I let them sit in there for 3 months before I brought them home. Of course, I'm not going to sell them - that'll be wrong. But I did take up the running configs along with the IOS.
    CCNP R/S
  • megadeth199megadeth199 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow guys nice lab I just have 2 2950T with no rack.

I've a little question for my lab ... I've just got a cat in the house and what rack should I get with a cat near ?
  • MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is mine. From the top, it's:
    1 no. LackRack
    1 no. 2522
    2 no. 2950
    1 no. 2950
    1 no. 3750X (full enterprise image!!!)
    2 no. 3550

There's also (not shown):
    1 no. 877
    2 no. 1921
    2 no. something or others. Old 10/100 switches - smaller than the 2950s.

The 3750X is worth €8k. Shame I had to give it back to the customer.
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow guys nice lab I just have 2 2950T with no rack.

I've a little question for my lab ... I've just got a cat in the house and what rack should I get with a cat near ?

Something that will help hide your wires, and keep it out of the cabinet...something with doors?
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
    I have a cat, well, I don't have a cat, but my fiancee does... She (the cat) doesn't really go near any of the cables around the back - she usually sleeps behind it though, since it's nice and warm for her. The cat is weird, too. She LOOOOVES to chew on plastic things, but not cables. If I were you I'd either take the risk, or figure how many U's you need and search for a network cabinet. Cabinets can get very, very pricey.
    CCNP R/S
  • jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    well another option and one that has worked well for me with my two cats is using this product.

Amazon.com: Innotek SSSCAT Cat Training Aid: Pet Supplies

it works great and the cat learns to stay away and its not harmful to them.
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Some cats don't like fans/things blowing at them.

Could rig up a high frequency (out of human hearing) circuit to generate annoying noises to keep the cat away . One of those cat stop devices (amazon and pet shops sell them)

Then put a few catnip plants in a different room on the other side of the house/apartment.
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Our company leases a lot of buildings. We needed two offices in a city - I went in there to do an estimate on what we'd need. They were sitting in the IT closet all boxed up. I thought that previous owner would take them, but no. I let them sit in there for 3 months before I brought them home. Of course, I'm not going to sell them - that'll be wrong. But I did take up the running configs along with the IOS.

My last company let me rack up my lab at work with remote access, there was also a deal I could use the spares we had in stock for DR. At one point I have 5 X 3750's and 6 X 3550. Was a sad day when I left and only got to take the cheap old routers with me icon_sad.gif
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    My last company let me rack up my lab at work with remote access, there was also a deal I could use the spares we had in stock for DR. At one point I have 5 X 3750's and 6 X 3550.

One word: nice.
  • megadeth199megadeth199 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have a cat, well, I don't have a cat, but my fiancee does... She (the cat) doesn't really go near any of the cables around the back - she usually sleeps behind it though, since it's nice and warm for her. The cat is weird, too. She LOOOOVES to chew on plastic things, but not cables. If I were you I'd either take the risk, or figure how many U's you need and search for a network cabinet. Cabinets can get very, very pricey.

Lol same thing it's not mine. I don't thing my girlfriend cat will go around she don't like to me near my computer case. She just like to be on my chair. I saw that a cabinet can be realy pricey so i think i will go with a rack

thanks guys.
  • mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    Here is my lab, currently doing ccnp. Purchased a few more switches to get me through SWITCH and use my pc with ubuntu on it to bridge dynamips to my switches. Also got a cheap shelf cabinet type thing from the local hardware store. It seems to do the trick.

x3 2950's ( i purchased a couple extra of these so i could build more interesting spanning tree topologies )
    x1 3550
    x1 3750 ( my most recent addition )

I also included a picture of my custom built terminal server :) I saw a few people doing this using the ser2net program in linux to map terminal sessions to all your usb ports. This is so handy! and beats buying an access server! plus I am beginning to see the power of linux in general, as I have written a few scripts to open up dynamips and my terminal sessions for me automatically vs having to fumble around in windows.

Basically its a usb hub with about 7 ports on it then from the hub I purchased 5 usb to serial connectors that hook up to the console cable going into the back of the switches. Then as you can see in the pic all the other cables go into my room lol ( because I hate the noise of a lab going, I segregated the areas so I can lab in peace) I have a 5m usb extension cable going to the back of my pc then I have another 3 ethernet links going into dynamips to act as hosts. ( I also found away to make 3 ethernet links going into dynamips to create as many hosts as you want in different vlans )

It took me a while to get all this going it is my current solution to building a "cheaper" lab to get through ccnp whilst at the same time providing enough complexity to try alot of interesting scenarios
    Another solution to doing this would be if you had another pc lying around to host dynamips on with ubuntu on it, you could avoid all the cables as you could just have 1 ethernet cable running to the ubuntu machine and remote into it. I could see that would most likely be the way to go for a CCIE lab.

• JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Mine is still growing :)

2x 3640 running 12.4 32/128mb with NM4A/S and 1E2W
    3x 2620 with WIC2T cards
    1x 2620 with WIC1T card
    1x 3620 with 2x 1e2w modules

3x 2950-24
    3x 2950T-24

Digi CM32
    PIX 515
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    Work in progress in reconfiguring my old CCNP R&S lab to mirror INE's topology. Sold off the 2950s and 3550s and replaced them with 3560s and 3750 PoEs. BB1/FRS, BB2, and BB3 are shown on the bottom. The empty slot above the switches are reserved 3x 1841s which are on order. R3 (not shown) is a 3825 ISR. R1 and R2 (2811s) are on order as well.

Final configuration will feature:

2650XM Access Server
    2x 2811 ISRs (for future Voice telephony work)
    3825 ISR
    3x 1841 ISRs
    2x 3750PS EMI
    2x 3560PS EMI
    3x 2650XM
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
    Here's an update of my rack. I decided to fix all my cabling mess around the back. It looks so much better now! I still have to attach the rest of my console cables.
    CCNP R/S
  • lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□

I have also upgraded and improved my lab in recent weeks while preparing for the SWITCH exam.

The black unit on top is an APC power switch that allows me to power on/off the lab with a browser.
    Below that is an MRV access server that provides console access via Telnet/SSH or Web to all devices.

The 5 routers are all pretty old stuff (2500 Series) but I think I can still use them when approaching ROUTE.

The three Switches are 3550-24, 3550-48 and a 3560G-48 (nice!). I just ordered two more GBICs and cables to get more interconnects.

I hope this lab will be sufficient to get me through CCNP :)
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    whats the power switch you have, I looking for one

the switchs should do fine for CCNP, only 3560 supports prvt vlans, but you can get away with just one, you might want a few layer 2 switchs 2950's jsut to bulk it out, but the ones you have will be a nice core to build up around.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • astrogeekastrogeek Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is that APC a 7900? That's what I have, I like it but lately the web interface has been very laggy - I think something might be wrong with it because sometimes it will just stop responding for about 10 minutes or so. Not sure if anyone else has had similar issues, I don't seem to have any problems when accessing it via telnet/ssh, but https is a struggle.

From top to bottom:
    • Digi CM 32 Console Server
    • APC AP7900
    • 2611XM 256MB with CME
    • 2621XM 128MB
    • 3550-24-PWR (EMI Image)
    • (3)3550-48 (EMI Image)
    • Dell PowerEdge 2850 with 3 Adaptec Quad NIC cards - (2) ANA-62044 & (1)ANA-64044LV

These older pics don't show the Digi CM 32 console server I recently added, but are of much better quality:

And some fuzzy camera phone pics showing the newly added Digi CM 32 :
  • lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, it's an APC 7900. A nice upgrade compared to the Baytech RPC I had before. It's got a nice web interface and works quite well for me.

I was thinking about adding a 3506 to play more with Fiber but since this is an L2 Switch only I am not so sure if those 60 € would be well spent...
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP