Post Your Lab (PICS)

Comments

• Benson_HarleeBenson_Harlee Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is what ive got so far.
  • ron.wellman01ron.wellman01 Banned Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is what I have so far.. Its small but good enough for CCNA level stuff.
  • JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is this a decent setup for the cost?

CISCO COMPLETE CCNA LAB PACKAGE 16/64 2950 2612 2611 WIC-1T 2610 XM 2620 KIT 0746320181813 | eBay

Or can something better be built for around $300?

I'm studying for the ICND1 and then ICND2 exam. I can't afford those gigantic switches you guys have in those pics. I've been researching them and all and a lot of those are out of my league expense wise.

I also can't seem to find any racks really.
  • oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    Considering what I bought and doing the currency conversion I think that price is about right.. I always got recommended to buy 3 routers though and 3 switches (not as important though).
    Three switches is better than two, for improved study of Spanning Tree Protocol, and also VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP) - the third switch is not quite so important as the third router, but still a "nice to have" if it fits within budget. The modern CCNA syllabus really needs a minimum of CIsco 2950 switches.
    With just two routers, they will always be directly connected, one way or another, and so most of that discovery process is redundant. The third router is placed between the first two, breaking that direct connection.

My lab
    3 2950s
    3 1760s (4 WIC-1Ts)
    Its very messy at the back! But its also next to my desk which I use 7 plugs for.. I wish the switches had power switches on though like the routers, unplugging the power lead is annoying =( Also want a rack but they look so expensive.
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Jasiono wrote: »
    I also can't seem to find any racks really.
    Dantrak Net  - New and Used Networking Equipment and Peripherals. Skeletek Racks and Accessories. best place for racks.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
    Wish they shipped to England :p
    Lab:
    Well crap! I didn't notice you were from ol' blighty. You might want to check out eBay. You might be able to find something there. Or perhaps use google's shopping page.
    CCNP R/S
    Sweet. Thanks!
    Look what I found. Just needs some fans!

Server Rack / Cabinet
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice find!
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • TehToGTehToG Member Posts: 194
    oli356 wrote: »

I've just bought one of these. Cheap and cheerful. Be aware though that I'm fairly certain (given the angle) that this is designed for audio gear so you'll not be putting any servers into the rack. Should be idea for my CCNA Lab though. It arrives tomorrow so PM me if you want an update on how good it is/isn't.
    oli356 wrote: »

I've just bought a Startech RK12OD from Amazon. £40 give or take. It's designed for audio rack mountable stuff but it should hold a few switches/routers easily enough.
    Good point - my fellow co-worker has a 16u audio rack that he bought off ebay. It has caster wheels and is very durable.
    CCNP R/S
    I'm doubly hit because I'm from Northern Ireland. Shipping always destroys the price for me and picking up used local stuff isn't as easy. I've managed to get 2 x 2950s -24 port for <£30 but cannot find cheap routers for the life of me.
  • MarkybhoyMarkybhoy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TehToG wrote: »
    I've just bought a Startech RK12OD from Amazon. £40 give or take. It's designed for audio rack mountable stuff but it should hold a few switches/routers easily enough.

Im just starting to get into networking and picked up one of these to, seems to get decent reviews.
  • DashikDashik Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Picture as promised. Just got the gear today. Not had a chance to play with it yet :D

cisco141.jpg

That's my light reading piles......
    Dashik wrote: »

That's my light reading piles......

Light reading? All I can say is, bloody hell!
    CCNP R/S
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You have a lot of CCNA books!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Dashik - nice! I also picked up CCNP books as well, but need to go through the 4 CCNA books first :/
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    very nice LABs, the books are a proud part of our LAB please do not tease about the books.
    I have books. E books are great, so are real books! I am proud of my books too!

Dashik could u tell the 2008 server book number please
  • mytapymytapy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Configure eigrp routing and verify the neighbor relationships and topology tables
  • StidrvrStidrvr Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How did you mount the 2850? I was under the assumption that the rack isnt deep enough. Thanks in advance.
    astrogeek wrote: »
    Is that APC a 7900? That's what I have, I like it but lately the web interface has been very laggy - I think something might be wrong with it because sometimes it will just stop responding for about 10 minutes or so. Not sure if anyone else has had similar issues, I don't seem to have any problems when accessing it via telnet/ssh, but https is a struggle.

From top to bottom:
    • Digi CM 32 Console Server
    • APC AP7900
    • 2611XM 256MB with CME
    • 2621XM 128MB
    • 3550-24-PWR (EMI Image)
    • (3)3550-48 (EMI Image)
    • Dell PowerEdge 2850 with 3 Adaptec Quad NIC cards - (2) ANA-62044 & (1)ANA-64044LV
    These older pics don't show the Digi CM 32 console server I recently added, but are of much better quality:

And some fuzzy camera phone pics showing the newly added Digi CM 32 :
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm not teasing about books... :P

I have my Foundation Learning Guide for Route at home :\

ccfdf479.jpg
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

TehToG wrote: »
    Markybhoy wrote: »
    Im just starting to get into networking and picked up one of these to, seems to get decent reviews.
    Either of you got these yet? Would be great to see some pics!
    Lab:
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    I'm not teasing about books... :P

I have my Foundation Learning Guide for Route at home :\
    What's the difference between the Foundation Learning Guide and the Official Learning Guide?
    CCNP R/S
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 896 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The Foundation Learning Guides are developed for the Cisco Networking Academy and have a little more information, expounding than the cert guide. Though the cert guides have or meet all of the certification objectives. Ones geared for those who simply want to pass the exam while the other is less geared toward the exam, but provides a more robust learning experience.

I used to have a huge Cisco library, but have just kept the CCIE books instead preferring digital books.
    Ugh. I need two routers.
    What series are recommended?

I have a 1721 but there are no serial ports.
    Jasiono wrote: »
    Ugh. I need two routers.
    What series are recommended?

I have a 1721 but there are no serial ports.
    Can't you go buy a WIC-1T?
    Lab:
  • spd3432spd3432 Member Posts: 224
    The same WICs are used for the 1600, 1700, 2600, 3600, and 3700 series routers and are readily available. If you already have a 1721, then you just need to pick up a serial WIC for it and a second router.
    ----CCNP goal----
    Route [ ] Studying
    Switch [ ] Next
    Tshoot [ ] Eventually
  • Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @Rogue

I'm not jealous. Why would I be jealous? You only have the whole CCNP foundation series and a linux+ book, which are books I wantallout.gif

Alright maybe just a little.
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]