Post Your Lab (PICS)

Comments

• spd3432spd3432 Member Posts: 224
    Fred,
    Not that I'm jealous or anything, but very nice. Seeing the pieces racked together was sort of eye-opening also. I didn't know the 1800 series had such a narrow chassis (I've seen the rack mount ears on ebay but you can't really compare them side by side with 2500 series ears). I didn't realize the console port for the 2800 series was on the opposite side of the case from the lan/wan interface ports. It looks like there's a lot of weight in the 2800 series on the face-plate side (judging by the dip and separation between routers shown in your 1st picture). It would require 'note to self - mount on bottom of rack or use 4 post rack with both ends mounted'.
    ----CCNP goal----
    Route [ ] Studying
    Switch [ ] Next
    Tshoot [ ] Eventually
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Both 2800s seem to fit nicely though i am thinking to put both at the bottom at some time but am lazy right now as its a lot of work judging by how small the rack is
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    LinuxRacr wrote: »
    I'm actually looking into one of these options.

Ive used them in the field before. They would be great in a lab.

I can also recommend a brand called WTI or Western Telematic Inc. Their Remote Site Managers have remote power service, console service, and climate monitoring all in one.
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    spd3432 wrote: »
    Fred,
    Not that I'm jealous or anything, but very nice. Seeing the pieces racked together was sort of eye-opening also. I didn't know the 1800 series had such a narrow chassis (I've seen the rack mount ears on ebay but you can't really compare them side by side with 2500 series ears). I didn't realize the console port for the 2800 series was on the opposite side of the case from the lan/wan interface ports. It looks like there's a lot of weight in the 2800 series on the face-plate side (judging by the dip and separation between routers shown in your 1st picture). It would require 'note to self - mount on bottom of rack or use 4 post rack with both ends mounted'.

I'll say it. I'm jealous.

With all of those cisco phones I was thinking you were studying for Voice. I see you have ICND1/2 Books ontop of the Network Warrior.

Good stuff man, That looks so sweet.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    updated my rack with some new gear

the 871w is pretty cool but i do not have the configuration completed.

ttoprack.jpg

my new 2651xm that i bought broken for $13.56 plus $20.00 shipping. (Yeah) 2.5 days total to fix it though! (yuk)!

way up on the top is my 871w, but i am still trying to get that one all worked out.

3 new wic t1 "s, and 1 vwic mft.
    tbottomrack.jpg

the pc above left is my GNS3 rig.
    I am running Wxp x64 pro~ custom.
    i remote into it; with GNS3 running 3 routers 2691 with 12.4 OS my cpu ussage is 1%.
    this rig is also dual boot, it runs the OS W2k8 r2, or xp64. it has a single quad core cpu, and 1 | 6 port NIC.

The pc middle is my Linux rig, and also has a 6 port NIC in it.. < but i do not know much linux yet.

The pc right is SLI, that is what runs all the monitors, but is also has a 6 port NIC in it.

ttopnbottom.jpg
    Alot of my cat 5 ends got broken while i moved several lcations Xcross country, but i have most of them back to gether now

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u420/shangxiajiu/cisco%20rack/ttoprack.jpg
  • astrogeekastrogeek Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice, it almost looks like you took that from the Nebuchadnezzar ;)
    What's the SLI running?

Why not have the GNS3 machine run a Virtual Box for 2k8 so you'll have a server all the time?

Is this your home network? I see your flat cables labled "Cam".

What is that large monitor? Size wise.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Roguetadhg wrote: »
    What's the SLI running?

Why not have the GNS3 machine run a Virtual Box for 2k8 so you'll have a server all the time?

Is this your home network? I see your flat cables labled "Cam".

What is that large monitor? Size wise.

XP 64 does the best job with my 6 port NIC, XP, enables my 6 port nic: Intel 10/100/1000 full duplex MT: [teaming and VLANS], I guess it would make sense to put a virtual w2k8 r2. then i could practice AD without rebooting. XP 64 really works great.

w2k8 does have full nic function teaming and vlans but i migrated to w2k8r2, it does not have full function for the 6 port nic.

I have not had a chance to learn virtual box.

"Cam" ah, my old "COM" port, i used to use a 6 port rs232 serial card, it was cheep. (pre as2509-rj)

yes home network LAB: for cisco certs
    SLI multiple video cards, for multiple monitors.
    the monitor is a 40" i get them all cheep in need of repair. wish for all same resolution and size.
    how bout 2 52" and 4 27" yeha!

astrogeek
    Nice, it almost looks like you took that from the Nebuchadnezzar
    Nebuchadnezzar? i google it, is some old religon guy? he has a cisco rack too?

Matrix :P

I was actually asking what video card are you running in SLI mode

Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Matrix :P

I was actually asking what video card are you running in SLI mode

oh sorry 2 gt9800+, they are a couple generations old now (edit) 9800gtx+
  • Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    By Nebuchadnezzar I think he means the ship that is on the Matrix series.

Edit: Wow i totally missed the reply that Roguetadhg did. My fault :)
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • tearofstearofs Member Posts: 112
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    tearofs wrote: »
    My CCIE lab

A lot of nice gear you have there!! Looks fantastic!!
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lol just noticed in inscom.brigade picture it looks like the matrix code running in the background of all 4 monitors. Pretty cool setup I wish I had the space to do that.
  • tearofstearofs Member Posts: 112
    pitviper wrote: »
    A lot of nice gear you have there!! Looks fantastic!!

Ya, we have a CCIE Voice lab right next to my rack. That one is even more brtual...
    Ya, we have a CCIE Voice lab right next to my rack. That one is even more brtual...

Post the pic.

nice looking stuff, wish i had that kind of $$$.
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    I am reconfiguring mine, split it up into "two physical" location/labs to have WAN connection between the two. HSRP between the two switches, then OSPF/EIGRP/RIP2/Frame Relay/Port Channels/STP.

Current config as follows, I'll most likely sell a couple items (probably 3620s) and get a couple 3550 L3's to get into CCNP stuff later on.

digi cm32
    3x 2950t (core/access/vm)
    3x 2950 (stp)
    2x 2621 (hsrp between core/access switches)
    4x 3640 (one for connecting STP in lab2 to access switch in lab1, all running 12.4)
    2x 3620 (one for frame relay)
    4x 2620 (3 used for frame relay)
    1x 3725 (need to fix the fan, can be used with 12.4 and ipv6)

Using various cards- couple NM-4Ts, NM-4AS, NM-2FE, NM-1FE, NM-2E, Wic1t, Wic2t.
    Recent two I've added were 1HSSI, need to get a correct cable to make this work.
    Also have ATM and ISDN, DSU cards but not currently using them.....

lab1

jeanm-albums-expanded+lab-picture2807-lab-core-hsrp-access-ospf-eigrp-po.jpg

lab2 with stp/frame relay and "stub" network. at some point i'll run the firewall between the two labs I think...

jeanm-albums-expanded+lab-picture2808-lab-b-stp-frame-relay-rip-v2-eigrp.jpg
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
    You have all of that and you don't have a CCNA yet. Man. That's... these labs keep getting better and better. What's your workspace look like - computer/desk and all?

• JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    I know right?! Well, actually I am not in a rush because my current IT position is more on the monitoring side of things and not exactly a cisco/networking position where I could have hands on experience. I am labbing and "experimenting" as I go, when I feel comfortable I'll schedule the test :) I have the vouchers for both tests already, but passing the test tomorrow won't do me much good at work as it stands. Hopefully it makes sense?

Home work desk is a mess, I need to clean it up, it's really bad.

To me it's more than just a test, I am enjoying working and playing with this stuff :)
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    7793975290_6d78108f76_c.jpg

So I was just thinking, all these lab pictures getting posted are like CCIE labs. I should upload a pic of my lab for reference as to what someone studying for the CCNA might have!

I thought it was a good idea... that is until I saw Jean's post O_O!! pre-CCNA lab... holy cows... haha

Anyway, this is what I have studying for the CCNA/ICND2: 3x2950, 1x1721, 1x2611, 1x2514, and an access server 2511-RJ. (actually, the 3 port#1 eth connections go to my computer where I run GNS3.. haven't really used the routers much after ICND1)

Previously I had asked on the forum for advice about access servers and decided to go for 16 RJ async ports. =D it's great! really easy to use and does the job well.
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
    No more visiting this thread. Ugh. So good.

This hater is hatin.

Tearofs is that your lab at work? Or is that rack live in production? Regardless its some heavy duty stuff. Do you have each server dedicated to its own cucm?
  • nvrdunnnvrdunn Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Here is part of my lab. Not shown is the router/firewall/IP Phone at my home plus the server & array that's running VMWare for all the server images. Will try to get proper pictures once I bring in a better camera.

nvrdunn-albums-lab+setup-picture2843-img-0899.jpg
    nvrdunn-albums-lab+setup-picture2842-img-0900.jpg
  • AintRiteAintRite Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Here is my humble attempt at a lab. I have just assembled the Skeletek(this thing is a beast) from the other cheap rack I had that kept tipping over.

Eliminator Lighting E 107 powerblock
    Newly acquired Digi 32
    empty space is for the 2610xm that has not arrived yet
    3x 1760
    2900xl
    2x 3550

Ok and now for some help. The Digi didn't come with any rack brackets and for some reason I can't find any while searching, could someone point me in the right direction?
    WGU - BS: IT Security...in progress
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    Recently moved, and finally have an entire room to dedicate to my office, so ended up redoing my entire setup

The place where I can almost always be found if I'm home and awake

desk.jpg

Is that an ASUS G75?
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • The IT GuyThe IT Guy Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□

My Cisco home lab includes:
    (1) 3825
    (1) 2511RJ
    (5) 2600's
    (3) 3560's
    (2) 3750's
    (1) 2960
    (3) 2950's
  • mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    The IT Guy wrote: »
    My Cisco home lab includes:

What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of using a cabinet/closet as opposed to an open rack?

Your setup looks very clean and organized =)
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • The IT GuyThe IT Guy Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It depends on your environment. My home lab is in the basement which stays cool and I also have a fan inside rear of the cabinet to circulate air while the stack is running. I leave both the cabinet doors off for easy access to change up hardware configurations for various labs. I was gonna buy a open rack skeletek but I got awesome closeout deal on this midatlantic for about $40 something bucks brand new.