Post Your Lab (PICS)

Comments

• Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Get a 2520 to act as your frame relay switch you can find them for $50 on ebay. No my friend frame relay is done over some sort of serial connection.
  • TehToGTehToG Member Posts: 194
    There are none on ebay uk for less than £30 (that's what a 2621XM would go for), I don't have a pile of cash to throw at it at the minute.
    You can get frame relay setup on packet tracer or gns3 depending on what you have available.
  • TehToGTehToG Member Posts: 194
    Thanks. That's the best option I have. I can use GNS3.
  • jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Thought I'd throw my rack up here, since it's the one that got me through CCNA (and will get me through CCNP in the future hopefully!)
    Top to bottom:
    -Tripp-Lite 12 outlet PDU
    - Catalyst 2950T x2 (I love this switch)
    - Catalyst WS-C3550-24PWR-SMI running EMI image
    - Catalyst WS-C3550-48
    - Cisco 2620 w/WIC-2T
    - Cisco 2621 w/NM-8A/S, for Frame-Relay
    - Cisco 2620xm x3 w/WIC-2T cards

• JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice :)
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    hopefully, ill be getting a 3550 and a 3750 soon =p
    pics when they arrive.
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • BlowindoeBlowindoe Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome labs everyone! I will be posting mine later on in the day
  • vanquish23vanquish23 Member Posts: 224
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    I'm trying to buy the switches first, as I practically told myself I wouldn't progress until I bought switches. I have 2 more to go, then I'll feel "okay" to continue beyond CCNA:R+S

Until then, I'm building myself a small 3-computer case. I spent a couple hours wandering walmart and LOWES to find something capable, yet small and light.

I just cut out the backports using the trusty dremel + diamond wheel. Liquid plastic is a bit hot. I also drilled the LED holes. I'll need to buy Caulk as mine turned solid :\. Note it's not all professional-looking because I didn't take the time / never did this before / working in my office.

Im thinking of not cutting slots for the PCI riser cards. I don't plan on doing anything that it would need the riser. I might just to make sure I have a backup if a NIC dies.

I'll need to wire a ATX splitter. I plan on having the Powersupply External. To save weight. Just air cooled. These aren't being Overclocked, or anything like that. It's just to generate cheap network traffic without taxing my limping working computer :)

Very interresting setup there with the plastic drawer. I remember doing computer mods back in the early 2000's. Let me know how this turns out. Did you mount and raise the motherboards?
    He who SYNs is of the devil, for the devil has SYN'ed and ACK'ed from the beginning. For this purpose, that the ACK might destroy the works of the devil.
  • mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316

So this arrived today...

=( and it wouldn't boot... like... not even a sign of power flowing through =(

i was really really disappointed.

Oh well, the seller said I could drop it off and test 1 more 3750 they have for sale, and if not, they'll refund me.

But yea, still very disappointed that this doesn't work. I was looking forwards for a gigabit switch, soo excited...

----

On that note, I finally understand why 3560 switches are more expensive than 3750 and 3750G. It's because the collective IT community has had a really bad experience with these 3750's and failures and RMA's etc. The 3560's, which are basically the same switch but don't have stackwise, have had a much more reliable history.

just FYI for people considering 3550, 3560, 3750's
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    That sucks having to pay that much for shipping and import, but it still beats the $1200 or so it costs new! Plus you can always sell it on eBay and recoup at least SOME of the money.

At least this way you always know that you have unfettered access to a solid Cisco lab that you can use for your studies. I would never want to rely on work or someone else for that sort of thing. Chin up! :D

Well I saw one of my colleagues lab earlier for his CCIE, he has about 30-45 routers and 20 switches or so, I couldn't be bothered to count. It fills up two 42U racks :p
    Using works equipment makes sense :) Got the all clear to go ahead with it so I will be moving mine on.#

Maple, any reason you wanted a gigabit switch? If your just using it for studying why does it matter. Shame that it doesn't work though. Interesting to know that it's cheaper though. I was stood in front of a 42U rack full of them earlier :p
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That sucks Maple, You going to go with a 3650 then?

Im not sure of the price difference between the 37xx and 36xx though.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• radixradix Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mapletune wrote: »
    So this arrived today...

Oh well, the seller said I could drop it off and test 1 more 3750 they have for sale, and if not, they'll refund me.

But yea, still very disappointed that this doesn't work. I was looking forwards for a gigabit switch, soo excited...

ahh sad to hear that... but now I'm really nervous for my switches haven't tested them out yet its been with the shipping agency for 2 months now
    If you ain't pissed off for greatness that means you're okay with being mediocre

So this arrived today...

Good luck with the replacement - oddly enough, the ONLY DOA gear that I've ever received have all been switches (mostly PoE),
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Likewise for me, too. We had a bunch of 3560's arrive (20, I think) 2 of them were DOA. Though, their warranty replacement is extremely fast!
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Carl_S_901Carl_S_901 Member Posts: 105
    Just got a new rack to replace the old Onstage 12U rack and got everything loaded. Finally looks respectable enough to post a picture.

Also added the Cyber-Power PDU today which makes the power cords much less of a mess.
    Carl S.

Check out my personal certification journey blog
    http://carlscertjourney.wordpress.com/
  • Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    The skeleteks are definitely nice, and built very well. I have one and I love it. I am sure you are excited to show it off.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • Carl_S_901Carl_S_901 Member Posts: 105
    Patel128 wrote: »
    The skeleteks are definitely nice, and built very well. I have one and I love it. I am sure you are excited to show it off.

I wasn't sure if I was crazy about the cage nuts at first. After putting them all in it wasn't too bad and is not an issue.
    Carl S.

Check out my personal certification journey blog
    http://carlscertjourney.wordpress.com/
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 896 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Ha, ha. I had the same problem. The first time I put it together it wasn't sturdy and it was because of how I put the nuts in. Put it together again and it's super sturdy.
  • TritiumTritium Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey everyone,I'm in the final stages of building my CCENT/CCNA rack. I've been slowly building it for the past 6 months.
    All gear was acquired on ebay.

Components: Going from Top to bottom:

Skeletek C28U-HD-30 IT RACK

2U shelf=
    Netgear WNR2000 v2 running DD-Wrt
    Cisco Pix 501 (Not used)
    Sonicwall TZ190 (Main firewall)

Cisco SG300-10 10 Port Layer 3 Managed Gigabit Switch (Home Network, Inter VLAN routing)

Cisco 2509 Access Server

48 port Sprint Cat5e patch panel

Switches
    2950C 24 port switch
    2950 12 port switch
    2950c 24 port switch
    1912c 12 port switch

Routers
    2620XM Router
    2610 Router
    2610 Router

2u shelf
    Used to store study materials, tools, cable modem

Power
    Technical Pro PS-B9 AC Switch (Used for Cisco gear)
    American DJ PC-100a AC Switch (Used for Home Network)
    APC UPS for battery backup of both ac switches

2u 18" deep shelf: Will be used for pc running ESXi.
    2014 Cert Goals:
    ICND1 [X]
    Done!
    ICND2 [ ] Workin on it
    My CCNA Lab...A work in Progress
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    eqxkee.jpg

Just got my lab yesterday from a friend of mine that no longer needs it. I bought it all for $180 from him. (Also came with cables and misc. items)

2x 2950s (1 looks to have a fiber module installed)
    2x 2514s
    1x PIX Firewall (Can't see myself using this anytime soon)

I am still reading through Odom's ICND1 book and hope to utilize this lab in my studies sometime soon.
    It's nice to have friends interested in the same stuff! What PIX did you pickup?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Honestly I dont even know. He kind of just threw it in with the package. Ill check it out when I get home from work

This is my cme lab for the time being.

1 2811 running cme with nm-cue card, vwic-1mft1, pvdm2-16, aim-vpn ssl2
    1 1760 running cme but will be my pstn pvdm256 vwic-1mft1 4fxs
    1 3560 poe 24 port
    1 3524xl pwr I think thats the model number
    4 7940g
    67945g

Have to bring more cables home I ran out hence nothing connected to the 3524 xl
    So many phones! Beautiful desk!

Not a desk my dining room table. I have placemats under the router to avoid any scratching. Yea can't wait to get these damn phones out of my house. Just too much crap piling up.
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    I really enjoy seeing other people's setups on here, so I figured I'd add mine to the mix. icon_wink.gif:Dicon_study.gif

1. This is from August 2011 right after getting my CCNA.. I just got a bunch of equipment in that I ordered. And got a desk as well. It was all starting to come together..

2. The desk was all put together and everything was neat and tidy (WAS).. ha. It was August 2011 and I was just about to jump into my NP studies!

3. In May 2012 my chair just up and broke on me.. Note to self: don't use a cheap desk chair as a rocking chair!! I had it coming really..

4. Pic of my lab October 2012

5. My book collection! Got several others on my "wish" list.. Used books on amazon ftw!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
    Nice lab and book collection @MrBrian!
    Amazing! Thought about using a console server yet? lol. I can imagine getting up and reconnecting gets tiring.

• MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    @ Flooz, thanks!

@ Roguetadhg, I do have an access server! It's a 2511.. Hard to see but its the second device up from the switches (it's got that octal cable on it). Yea I couldn't imagine having to move it around every time. Sometimes I hook up an ethernet cable from my laptop to its aui adapter, and then telnet into each device, that way I can have multiple telnet sessions open, and I don't have to "ctrl-shift-6-x" to jump around. It's easier to see console and debug logging as well.. as opposed to doing a command on one device and quickly jumping over to the other, and sometimes missing it.
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi