Post Your Lab (PICS)

Comments

• ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    Just cleaned up my home office a bit and reorganized everything. Took a few pictures and thought I'd post them up for you guys. Most of my switches are at work in another lab there. Since I'm working on SWITCH right now I'm keeping them all at work so I can make changes throughout the day while doing labs.

rackwt.jpg
  • CerebroCerebro Member Posts: 108
    Impressive, but you need a whiteboard to make it perfect :)
    2014 goals: ICND2[]

• SkydivingcowsSkydivingcows Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just cleaned up my home office a bit and reorganized everything. Took a few pictures and thought I'd post them up for you guys. Most of my switches are at work in another lab there. Since I'm working on SWITCH right now I'm keeping them all at work so I can make changes throughout the day while doing labs.
    Very nice setup. I just joined the site and am now able to see these great lab pictures. I like the Skeletek you have. I'm thinking about grabbing the 16U or 20U after readsing the rave reviews.

I recently acquired 6 2561XM's (6Wic-2T) and 3 2950C's along with the CM48 to start my lab.

LinuxRacr,
    I purchased the CM48 and interested in how to get it up and working once everything comes in. That webpower switch could come in handy. I'll have to look into that.
    Very nice setup. I just joined the site and am now able to see these great lab pictures. I like the Skeletek you have. I'm thinking about grabbing the 16U or 20U after readsing the rave reviews.

I recently acquired 6 2561XM's (6Wic-2T) and 3 2950C's along with the CM48 to start my lab.

LinuxRacr,
    I purchased the CM48 and interested in how to get it up and working once everything comes in. That webpower switch could come in handy. I'll have to look into that.

I'd def. suggest the Skeletek. The only thing I didn't like was building it once it arrived. Only took about 45 minutes though so wasn't the end of the world.

http://www.dantraknet.com/category/41

I'd suggest either the 16U or 20U. Later on you can always purchase a 8U or 10U extension to it..(if memory recalls..). That's what I'll be doing in a few months when I move my switches back into my Home rack.

Nice job with the 2651XM's. Even better that they came with 2T's installed. I always try to buy my gear with some sort of NM or WIC modules in it. Sometimes I've even bought routers (like the 3640) which I don't even need just to get the cards that are installed inside it.
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Skydivingcows,

The following thread will get you up and running on your Digi, no problem:

www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/75642-digi-cm32-console-server.html

The WebPowerSwitch 6 is awesome. I can access my lab from anywhere and power up only what I need.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey Guys,

How many routers and switches can you fit into the C20 Skeletek rack and would a dell 1950 also fit in?

I'm not familiar with it but are these based on inches?

Dimensions: 43" high x 24" wide x 24" deep

rackwt.jpg[/QUOTE]
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
    JustFred wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

How many routers and switches can you fit into the C20 Skeletek rack and would a dell 1950 also fit in?

I'm not familiar with it but are these based on inches?

Dimensions: 43" high x 24" wide x 24" deep

/QUOTE]

Yes those measurements are recorded in inches. All of the racks from Skeletek are named by the amount of unit space in each rack. For example, C20U = 20 1U appliances figuring you leave no open space between devices and use no rack shelfs. Keep in mind you can always add on 8, 10, or 12U expansions to the top of the rack. I would suggest starting with a 16U or 20U and then adding the expansion unit later on if you outgrow the initial rack. Unless you have a really light server I don't know if I'd feel comfortable housing it in a 2 post rack (like the Skeletek).
    Thank you for the reply and clear explanation.

I figured i will get one and also regarding the server, its a 1U server and i figured i could put it way below in the rack with a shelf underneath if that's possible.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
    JustFred wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply and clear explanation.

I figured i will get one and also regarding the server, its a 1U server and i figured i could put it way below in the rack with a shelf underneath if that's possible.

I'm sure that would work fine the only thing I'd be worried about is it hanging way out of the rear of the rack because of the server length.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So my work recently hooked me up with some new gear when I told them about my studies. I wish I would have told them earlier and saved myself the cash. They gave me 2x 3560s; 1x 3550; 1x 1841. 1x 2621XM; 1x 2651XM
    flooz-albums-lab+pics-picture3466-1-29-13-lab-update-2x-3560-1x-3550-1x-2950-1x-1841-1x-2610xm-1x-2621xm-1x-2651xm-1x-2610xm-frame-relay.jpg
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    FloOz wrote: »
    So my work recently hooked me up with some new gear when I told them about my studies. I wish I would have told them earlier and saved myself the cash. They gave me 2x 3560s; 1x 3550; 1x 1841. 1x 2621XM; 1x 2651XM

Can't complain about that can you :) you know your working for a decent company when they do things like that. enjoy it :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sweet mother of god.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just found an old 3845 CISCO :) to add to the 2 X 3725's :) About time I started racking.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    Yah its great. There are tons of resources here. Hopefully Ill get the promo to network engineer soon now that the network manager knows that I am working hard in my studies
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wish my work would give me Cisco stuff. All I got is this crappy Davox predictive dialer.

It's built like a tank though...
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• CorzaCorza Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, I thought I might throw some pics up of what I have been piecing together over the past month or so.

I have been building it mainly to study for CCNP SWITCH.

So far it has

1x 3550
    2x 2950
    2x 2620's
    2x 2610's
    1x 2503
    1x 2504
    1x Digi CM32

I still need to rack mount a few devices.

I have managed to find some bargains, including the rack which was only $60! Spend around $500 so far.

Photo%2010-02-13%2020%2057%2012.jpg

Photo%2010-02-13%2020%2057%2030.jpg
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Very nice; the rack was a steal, I am jealous, wish my skeltek had doors. I guess you had access to a truck to move it home. I see your 2950's are the G enterprise models which will help you some.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Nice setup! My wife would slaughter me though if I brought home a full size cabinet!
  • CorzaCorza Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. My gf didn't like helping me move it, but does not mind it in my "office/study" room.

I have a ute (pickup you americans call it) so I just used that. I have been very lucky with the whole project of putting this together. Managed to get everything except the Digi in Brisbane, Australia too. I got the 3550 for $30 as its fan does not work with the EMI image. The 2950's were only $25 each.

I have been very lucky! I have a 3560 at work which I will be borrowing also to complete the switch stuff.
  • jimmyz80jimmyz80 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just finished racking up the equipment for what will be my CCIE study rack. I still need a few more cables to arrive, and then it should be all set.

IoL44XEh.jpg

2vFPFqIh.jpg

uR9V2Yph.jpg
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Sweet! I have the same rack :) I also picked up my 2nd 3550. Replaced a couple 2620s with 2620XMs as well.

I need to clean it up / update it after I made some changes

jeanm-albums-skeletek+c28u-hd-picture3350-wiring-up.jpg
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
    @jimmyz80 All I got to say is WOW!!! That's an awesome rack you got there
    Alright i need to upgrade my lab, you guys make me jealous. Sooooo beautiful :)
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Guys, there is someone on eBay selling what looks like new-old-stock 2520s, good for FR use. S/h isn't cheap, but maybe for those who are local it can work as good deal :)

Quote from the seller - "You are bidding on a new Cisco server model # 2520. I auction over 200 pieces overstock item from college and they appear to be brand new in its original packaging and I'm listing them as USED since I Dont know much about them. They do come with its original packaging with all the booklets and cd. Thanks you for coming and happy bidding."

Cisco 2520 Server | eBay
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    Corza wrote: »
    Thanks guys. My gf didn't like helping me move it, but does not mind it in my "office/study" room.

I have a ute (pickup you americans call it) so I just used that. I have been very lucky with the whole project of putting this together. Managed to get everything except the Digi in Brisbane, Australia too. I got the 3550 for $30 as its fan does not work with the EMI image. The 2950's were only $25 each.

I have been very lucky! I have a 3560 at work which I will be borrowing also to complete the switch stuff.

Ok, Here's the weird thing, Apart from also living in Brisbane, I picked up my full size rack with my GF (now wife) in her ute. (Few years ago of course) - It currently resides at my mum's house though in the back yard, it's currently up for sale, although, I'm thinking, when her brother moves out of our house, I might put it in his study. Although, when I had it at mum's house, It had a patch panel and one switch in it. LOL. I have a full set to go in one at some point.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • FuturaFutura Member Posts: 191

For some reason this picture turns out small,

One of my labs, a reproduction of one of my customers networks. 4x ASA 5505s, 1x 5510, lots of 3550s, 3560s, 3750s, 2600xm's all in wheelie cabinets for going on tour.
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Heres a pic of my old lab:

And the new one:

I've removed the Netscreen and ASA because i'm not on the security portion yet. Honestly I would love to get a small rack for this thing. I also need power, right now I have a 6 port UPS which isnt sufficient with the PCs.
  • oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    One of my colleagues CCIE lab (this is of course using works equipment :p)

SddEgBY.jpg
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • gc8dc95gc8dc95 Member Posts: 206 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is my new setup. I am just starting out on the CCNA track, but I have acquired some of this stuff over the last year.

1x Skeletek 28U with 10U rear extension for servers on bottom.
    1x Digi 32
    1x Patch Panel
    3x 2651xm
    2x 2612
    2x 3550
    2x 2950

1 - 4u server case (empty right now, new build)
    1 - Dell Poweredge 2950 (2x quadcore xeon, 16gb ram, 4 15k SAS drives)

I know I have more than I need, but thats ok, I like having physical equipment. I use the one server for ESXi right now.

I also just picked up a new laptop recently that I love.
    - 2.6-3.2 dual core (w/HT) Core i5
    - 16gb Ram
    - 512gb Crucial SSD
    - Windows 8
    (I use two HP 20" monitors, keyboard, and mouse with it at home as my daily computer....also some VM's)

2013-03-15_15-21-25_733_zps292f4801.jpg
  • carwashguycarwashguy Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is my current setup.

1x 1131ap
    1x 1710
    1x 2611
    1x 3750
    1x 3550