Options

Post Your Lab (PICS)

Comments

• Options
    jvaxjvax Member Posts: 117
    I took this pic right after moving my gear to another room, which explains why nothing is connected, except the switches.

2 x 2924
    1 x 2950-12
    1 x 2509 (Access Server)
    1 x 2520 (Low density FRSW)
    4 x 2503
    2 x 2514
    1 x 2611
    2 x 3620 (1 High density FRSW with 2 x NM-4T & 1 with 1FE2W + 4D-S/T)
    9 x AUI transceivers, 10 x DB60-DB60s, 1 x Octal, a couple console cables etc...

All routers have Flash/Ram maxed out, running 12.3 IP Plus/Enterprise Plus and above.

Now all I need is a rack to mount this stuff in.

I am thinking about building a wooden one, with 2 steel rack mounting angles...

I am also taking this opportunity to re-do the lab's topology, planning one that'll get me through most scenarios.

Lots of fun icon_lol.gif

dscf0329bx2.jpg
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy" -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    iprouteiproute Member Posts: 269
    Very nice. I like the braid work on the switches ;)
    CCNP Progress
    ROUTE [X] :: SWITCH [X] :: TSHOOT [X]
  • Options
    markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    I feel kinda weird saying this to another guy, but...nice rack. icon_lol.gif
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • Options
    manicmanic Inactive Imported Users Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ill post mine icon_lol.gif

manicslabpp7.jpg
    "What do you want from me?" -Pink Floyd
  • Options
    NightShade1NightShade1 Member Posts: 433 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is electricity bill are reallybig for you guys that got those big racks? :O
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    i don't leave mine running, although mine isn't quite as big yet.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments :)

The rack is still WIP. I'll update this thread with a topology diagram once I have one.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy" -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    opers13opers13 Member Posts: 100
    img1801sy7.jpg
    img1803rx4.jpg

from the top:

ASA 5510 Sec. Plus license
    2611XM
    Juniper J2300
    2950c
    Comcast CM - Linksys/Vonage
    Panamax MAX1500 Surge protector
    Compaq KVM
    Samsung printer
    Compaq PIII - Windows 2000 server - Cisco ACS 4.1 (full version)
    Left PC - 2003 Server (AD, DNS, DHCP)
    Right PC- WinXP

opers13
  • Options
    Wooo, that ASA 5510 is one expensive piece of hardware.
    CCNP Progress
  • Options
    iproute wrote:
    Wooo, that ASA 5510 is one expensive piece of hardware.

I was able to use the corporate discount from my company when I bought it....so i saved a few hundred dollars...

but I still had to sell a few things to be able to afford it....including my wife's Apple powerbook icon_eek.gif

opers13
  • Options
    That makes me want to get one of those racks. More room for more stuff icon_lol.gif what do they go for roughly?
  • Options
    opers13 wrote:
    I still had to sell a few things to be able to afford it....including my wife's Apple powerbook

icon_thumright.gif
    CCNP Progress
  • Options
    manic wrote:
    That makes me want to get one of those racks. More room for more stuff icon_lol.gif what do they go for roughly?
    Here's one for $50. I can't imagine they'd be more than $100-150 from a local provider.
    CCNP Progress
  • Options
    That one is local pick up only icon_sad.gif but thanks for looking! i might buy me one of them if i run out of room icon_lol.gif

this place looks promising

http://www.rackmountsolutions.net
  • Options
    i wish i could find osmething like that $50 one that was about half that high. if i have room for 42u, i i might try and fill it up. plus it may be too high. if i could get like a half-rack, 24uish, i'd be awesome.

• Options
    DeliriousDelirious Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I saw that one on ebay the other day as well, was sad it was only local pickup. Shipping would probably add 50-100 to the price though.

Darthn3ss wrote:
    i wish i could find osmething like that $50 one that was about half that high. if i have room for 42u, i i might try and fill it up. plus it may be too high. if i could get like a half-rack, 24uish, i'd be awesome.

Just take a hack saw to it if its too tall. :P
  • Options
    i think i'm going to try and convince my boss to let me combine one of their racks and take one home :P i don't know what walmart would say to that. they could write it off!

• Options
    dpocorobadpocoroba Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Figured I would share my home lab. The wires are messy cuz its functional :)

DSCF0114.jpg

DSCF0112.jpg

DSCF0110.jpg

DSCF0108.jpg

DSCF0107.jpg

DSCF0109.jpg

http://picasaweb.google.com/dpocoroba/HomeLab

DP
    "Knowledge is contagious, infect"
  • Options
    kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
  • Options
    Nicccccce
    CCNP Progress
  • Options
    dpocoroba wrote:

DP

dpocoroba,

how is it configured? Very nice! Those are 3750..correct?

opers13
  • Options
    dpocoroba wrote:

DP
    Can you post a topology diagram?

I would very much like to see how it's all put together icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ya I was going to ask you if you created a topology diagram just to keep all the connections in your brain. But I guess if you work with it everyday, then it's easier to remember. I would like to see a diagram as well.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    its basically the internetwork expert v4 topology. You most cdertinly need a diagram to keep track of how things are connected.

I think I have a visio somewhere in soft copy stay tuned for that one. Yes those are 3750s, easier to get from work then 3560's :)

In short the switches all have 3x links to each other. That can make for some interesting L2 design and troubleshooting

DP
  • Options
    nice rack! where did you get that rack from?i built mine - couldn't find one for a reasonable price that wasn't like 8 feet tall. Mine didn't actually turn out too bad. we put it together today. Home Depot screwed up some of the cuts, and i don't think its perfectly square on one side, but its not off by much at all. its sturdy and doesn't look too horrible so its fine for now.

going to take a sander to it some day... make it look purdy.

here it goes:

sorry for the crappy camphone pics
    05-26-07_2149.jpg
    05-26-07_2150.jpg

But thats it. Equipment list (again, lol)
    top to bottom:
    2 2501s
    1 2514
    1 2520
    1 2620 2 WIC-1Ts
    1 2950-12
    3 2924
    1 3620 NM-1E2W (awaiting memory and 2 wic-1ts)
    My server, running Ubuntu server but soon to switch to windows server 2003.
    Not Pictured:
    2 2504(will be rack mounted if i find a use for them.
    1 1900 switch (will never be rack mounted because the mounts [darby?] that came with my 2950 were odd....plus its old and sucky)
    edit: going to find my digital and get better pics tommorow.for the price, you'd think Razrs would come with a 5MP camera.

• Options
    jasonbochejasonboche Member Posts: 167
    dpocoroba wrote:

DSCF0112.jpg

Two observations:

1. A lot of your snagless booties are falling off. Would that cost points in the CCIE lab?

2. Does the DR hotsite know they are missing their spare switch, although it has gone to a good cause?

:Dicon_twisted.gif:D
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
  • Options
    jasonboche wrote:
    dpocoroba wrote:

Two observations:

1. A lot of your snagless booties are falling off. Would that cost points in the CCIE lab?

2. Does the DR hotsite know they are missing their spare switch, although it has gone to a good cause?

:Dicon_twisted.gif:D

1) for some reason those boots are rock hard and a pain in the ass to keep moving so i just pulled them down. The CCIE lab is already cabled so you dont even need to touch your rack physically.

2) Yep since I am the one in charge of the network its on loan till my test is done :)
  • Options
    know what sucks?

i thought i bought 16u rack rails... i actually bought 14u... grrrr.thats only 2u difference but i've been thinking about adding a few things... a rackmount UPS (or atleast power strip) and maybe a patch panel to play with.

oh well, i'll buy something 20-30u and some more wood and start over. :-p i kind of like this vs other options. and the rails are cheap and so is wood.

• Options
  • Options
    kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
    iproute wrote:
    You guys have some slick and extremely complex looking setups. Mine may seem fairly rudimentary for now, but it grows by the day ;)

Equip: 2x 2620 Routers, 2x 2950 Cats

lab.gif

Not sure if this question has been raised before but what program does everyone use to map out there network interms of a diagram. obviously it's great to map things out before you implement and configure. I use Boson Network designer and i'm not that impressed.