Post Your Lab (PICS)

Comments

• BobNakamuraBobNakamura Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, this isn't a actual lab setup with real equipment that I used to prepare for my CCNA, but rather this is a lab topology that I made using Cisco Packet Tracer. (I don't have space or the money to buy actual equipment).

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9118489/toplology.png

What do you guys think?
    Goals for 2013
    - Get into a Computer Engineering program for university [✓]
    - Earn my CCNA Certification [✓]
    - Earn my CompTIA A+ Certification [ ]
    And then I will decide what to do from there...
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job Bob. Send that to netacadfb@gmail.com with some info and Cisco Networking Academy will share it on their FB page.
  • oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    I like that PT topology - there isn't 1000 PCs like some scenarios are.
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know what type of screws these are? I'm having a hard time finding them for my 2520 rack mounts. Perhaps if i knew the type it would help my search

http://www.tsfsystems.com/image/BRACKET-2500.jpg
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • ch1vasch1vas Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can't wait to build my first lab. I just don't have a fortune to spend on it.
    Goal 2013: CCENT (x); CCNA(x); Security+(x); ITIL Foundation ( )
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    I believe they are #8 1/4" screws
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    JustFred - My 2520 came with the factory mounts, and I ended up using 26xx series mounts instead and they fit fine.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
    Thanks for the replies guys. Problem solved. I found an alternative at the hardware store
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290

Just got the new rack. It's mounted on the wall just above my work bench at the office. The combination of power controller and console server make labbing from home very easy
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    JustFred wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys. Problem solved. I found an alternative at the hardware store

Hmm. If I took a picture of my device, would they have something usable at like a Lowes?
    You looking for the brackets or screws?
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I had to move my babylab to a new (slightly) more secure position earlier today and snapped a pic. I took some devices out because I needed them for production for various projects I'm working on but this is generally what I have to play with every day. I have at least another dozen or so pieces of equipment that I can use but they aren't as new as most of these devices:

I would feel almost proud of the amount of toys I get to play with but after spending the weekend alone in Cisco's $100 million lab, my babylab feels so inadequate icon_sad.gif
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
    Hi Krjay,

I'm looking for the screws, i found an alternative but am not quite convinced. I will use it until i find the right screws
  • oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    I would feel almost proud of the amount of toys I get to play with but after spending the weekend alone in Cisco's $100 million lab, my babylab feels so inadequate icon_sad.gif
    I know the feeling. Especially after moving another CRS 1 16 slot into the CRS lab!

Which/what lab were you in?
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • CorzaCorza Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Updated pic of mine. Mounted the 2500's down the bottom as I am not sure how much they will be used. Pretty much done with it now. I have ordered another rack powerboard as I have ran out of power points in it. Should definitely be enough for CCNP SWITCH.

P1010970.JPG
    JustFred wrote: »
    Hi Krjay,

I'm looking for the screws, i found an alternative but am not quite convinced. I will use it until i find the right screws

I think I used #8x1/2" sheet metal screws. Similar to these here:

8 x 1/2 Phillips Flat Sheet Metal Screw from Monster Fastener
    Thanks for the link. Problem is that its been hard finding them where i live. I will keep looking though.
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 896 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I wish I worked in a place with an abundance of equipment like ISR2s and X switches. Jeez.

And has anyone been in the disaster simulation room Cisco has in San Jose?

I visited their main HQ campus two years ago and was blown away, especially about the receptionist situation there. I remember jokingly flirting with the woman on the other end because I was blown away that she was real and not a program.
  • kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    Corza wrote: »
    Updated pic of mine. Mounted the 2500's down the bottom as I am not sure how much they will be used. Pretty much done with it now. I have ordered another rack powerboard as I have ran out of power points in it. Should definitely be enough for CCNP SWITCH.
    Hey Corza.

Where did you get your Digi CM from? I could have hooked ya up with a power rail. have quite a few of them. Very good set up.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    ch1vas wrote: »
    Can't wait to build my first lab. I just don't have a fortune to spend on it.

you don't need a fortune to get a good setup.

start with a switch or two and use gsn3 for the routers and build up from there as you can afford it.
    Just don't be in a rush when buying.

Hardware is very nice to have but virtual hardware can be very easily upgraded.
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    So I'm officially done building out my lab. This will take me all the way up through CCIE, as it is pretty much a mirror of the INE topology (I know it's supposed to refresh this year, but this will do for now...)

Top to bottom:
    - 9 outlet PDU for switches (I love being able to selectively turn on switches)
    - Digi CM32 Access Server
    - 2x 24 port 2950T Switches
    - 24 port 3550 EMI switch
    - 2x 24 port 3550 PoE switches
    - 2x 48 port 3550 EMI switches
    - 12 outlet PDU
    - 2x 1841 routers
    - 1760 router
    - 3x 2620XM Routers
    - 3x 2801 Routers
    - 2x 2621 Routers
    - 2x Cisco 7940 phones on top of the Skeletek 24U rack

All I'm really missing is the two 3560s for private VLANs and HSRP, but I'll rent a few hours of rack time to do that. I think I'm finally done building it out though. For anyone looking for ISRs for their rack, check eBay for the 2801s, they are going really cheap right now (~$90 shipped.) No idea why, but there you go!

And I know my cabling is a mess, but whatever icon_lol.gif
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Updated mine a little bit-

cm32
    3x 2950-24t
    3x 2950-25
    2x 2621
    1x 2620
    2x 2620xm
    1x pix515 firewall
    1x 2520
    1x 2620
    3x 3550
    1x 3725
    2x 3640

jeanm-albums-skeletek+c28u-hd-picture3765-updated.jpg
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    I have to clean up my rack and I will post the whole thing but below is are the newest additions to my lab:

Cisco 2801 Router with 128F/256D running IOS 12.4(24)
    Juniper J2320 Router with 1GB Flash / 1GB RAM running JunOS 12.1R5.5

Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just recently got a digi cm32 for my rack and I love it! I can't believe I waited this long to get an access server. Their are pleny of them on ebay for 50-60 dollars
  • Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    They are amazing! It is so useful, and the price does help a lot.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    where do you guy's buy your racks from?
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Ltat42a wrote: »

Yep, that's where I got my 24U rack. Great quality racks, and they aren't that expensive.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Abdul201288Abdul201288 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've done a couple of changes to my Network setup. I've added a Second server which is going to be running VMware EXSi 5. Same Server (Dell PowerEdge R200, but with a Quad-core Xeon CPU and 8GB ram) The first Server is the same, It has a Dual-Core Xeon CPU With 4GB ram. That will be running as a firewall or game server, to be honest, I have no clue what I'm going to do with the old server. icon_sad.gif
  • the spyderthe spyder Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm looking to pair my lab down, I have acquired far to much gear for the CCNA and much of it is useless now.

wPRh3eJl.jpg?1

Top to bottom:
    ASA 5505- SECPLUS
    (2) 1841 with 368/64 and WIC 1DSU-T1
    (4) 2950 Switches
    (1) 1760 with WIC 1DSU-T1 V2
    (1) 2621XM with WIC 1DSU-T1
    (1) 2610 with WIC 1DSU- T1 and ASYNC-32a
    (1) 2620 with WIC 1DSU- T1 and Serial
    (1) 3640

I have another 1841 and three 3550's on the way- any suggestions on what I can pair down for the CCNA? Should I be switch to serial cards and setting up a frame relay setup using the 3640?
    021.jpg 96.2K