Post Your Lab (PICS)

Comments

• jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    You know it's only useless if you are never going to move past the CCNA. If you have any intention of doing CCNP then it is actually a darn good setup. Realistically with another router or two and a 3560, you could mirror the INE CCIE topology, which is what I did (mostly, used some 2801s instead of 1841s or 2620XMs.)

You should be able to setup frame relay using the WIC-1DSU-T1 cards, you'll just need to jam a good handful of them into a router (I suggest one of these Genuine Cisco NM ATM T1 4T1 Ima 4 Port Network Module | eBay)
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    nothing useless there.

I'd maybe sell the 2610 and 2620 and a couple of 2950's if you have to sell something and only if. I'd keep it all until you pass ccnp
    (note whats needed for switches for ccnp)
    The 1841's are nice and very quiet compared to the rest.

Could use one of the 2600's with a nm16/32 ports with CAB-OCTAL-ASYNC cable and use it as a console server to control all your other equipment
    Understanding 16- and 32-Port Async Network Modules - Cisco Systems
    Configuring a Terminal/Comm Server - Cisco Systems
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • jrb1027jrb1027 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    While on the hunt to round out the routers for my CCNP lab, I came across a great deal on a 2691 (256D/128F 2 AIM-Voice-30 modules for $78 w/ free shipping). These are great routers and are more than capable for CCNP R&S (and could probably get one through CVOICE if they decided to go the voice route), but while the router is in great condition and I'm very pleased with the purchase, wow is this thing LOUD!

This is my first time dealing with the 2691 router; so my question is for those of you who are familiar with them. Is it normal for the fan in these to be so loud? I mean this thing by itself is louder than a 1760V, 2 2621XM's and a 3550 switch combined! The other thing is the fans run at a slower speed when the router is first powered on, then after about 5 minutes of run time the fans ramp up to what sounds like max speed. I've checked the temps and fan status via the show environment command, and everything comes back normal. My first thought was I got a bum router and it's overheating but that's not the case as far as I can tell.

I'm actually thinking of unplugging one of the fans because it gets so loud. I could deal if the fan speed would stay where it's at when first powered on, but it's a bit much when it ramps up. So is this normal for a 2691?

Thanks guys!
  • pastiebpastieb Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all,just starting on the ccna cert,here is a bunch of hardware that i have been given to start me off :D
    Please excuse the crappy camera.
    IMG_20130430_215843_zps1ed12856.jpg
    IMG_20130430_215858_zps6aa43bb9.jpg
    Starting from the left 3560v2 switch-2620-2610xm-2514-2650xm.
    Il be looking to get another switch or 2 soon.
    Also dont worry the door stays open when everything is running but i will be making a rack soon(one of the advantages of working for an engineering company)
  • Donnelly82Donnelly82 Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Studying for my CCNA, which I will hopefully be sitting at the end of the month.. fingers crossed...
  • IT69IT69 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jimmyz80 wrote: »
    Just finished racking up the equipment for what will be my CCIE study rack. I still need a few more cables to arrive, and then it should be all set.

IoL44XEh.jpg

2vFPFqIh.jpg

uR9V2Yph.jpg

What would be the total price on a rack like this? Really nice!
  • Abdul201288Abdul201288 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□

Old Network Picture (1 year ago)

New Network Picture, with some new toys. icon_cheers.gif

Dell PowerEdge R200 (Quad Core Xeon, 8GB RAM ESXI 5 host)
    Dell PowerEdge R200 (Not in use)
    Dell PowerVault MD3000i (15x 450GB SAS Drives 15k rpm 6.75TB Total Storage)

All these are used for my CCNA. (Couple of VMs on different IP addresses 192.168.10.x 192.168.1.x and 172.16.2.x)
  • Santa_Santa_ Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Got everything in the mail. Just need to order some cards for my 3640 router.

IMG_20130527_203815_zps7c4a4475.jpg

3 x 3550
    2 x 2650XM
    1 x 2610XM
    1 x 3640
  • sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163

I'm going to replace the 3500's with 3550's and I also need an access server very soon.

Getting a rack soon.

After that I should be good to go.

• vanquish23vanquish23 Member Posts: 224
    Update:

Just sold off my 4 3640 routers, and already have one of 4 3825 routers. I will be slowly buying the other three 3825's to help work towards my CCNP and CCNP security. Will post pics later.
    He who SYNs is of the devil, for the devil has SYN'ed and ACK'ed from the beginning. For this purpose, that the ACK might destroy the works of the devil.
  • okplayaokplaya Member Posts: 199
    I don't have enough clothes to fit in my closet so I stuck my lab in there. YyftU4k.jpg
  • fov001fov001 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am looking to buy something like this....plus add another 3550

what do you guys think?

Complete CCNA CCNP Cisco Certified Network Professional Home Lab Kit  | eBay

Also, can someone tell me more or less how much more is you electricity bill? I am concern about that, don't want to pay an extra $200

I am located in NYC
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    @the spyder: In the words of Raddimus:...
    "Okay, Well, That just about covered all the different variations that we have. But you know, we're always looking for new positions. So look next time you got a little down time, you find yourself a little bored, play with your equipment, you know what I'm saying? See what you come up with, okay? It's all good."

Here's mine.
    roguetadhg-albums-my+office-picture4272-sept-3-2013.jpg
    roguetadhg-albums-my+office-picture4273-sept-3-2013.jpg
    roguetadhg-albums-my+office-picture4271-a.jpg

I just got married so... yeah. My final toys before I have to ask for permission.

Yes, that is an extension cable going to the MDF because I keep popping fuses in my own office. It's connected to my "PowerMaster" that controls my networking equipment. I have two 1841s on the way

1x 2511
    2x 3550 w/ Inline Power. switchs
    2x 2600s routers
    2x NICs w/ 2x RJ45 ports.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My humble lab:

ivanjam-albums-mypics-picture4277-ivan-lab001.jpg
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
    I don't see any picture, Ivanjam.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• Carpe PorcusCarpe Porcus Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    I don't see any picture, Ivanjam.

I think that was the point he was making.
    “I'm always admitting I'm wrong. That's how I eventually get to right.”
    LOL @Carpe Porcus and @Roguetadhg - I checked and the pic is not visible when I log off - I may need to tweak some settings in the TE albums.
  • WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
    Holy crap, Roguetadhg that looks so awesome. *drool*
    Damn, I thought it was a good reply as well. I'll stand by the post as it won't make sense if I edit it now!
    WilyOne wrote: »
    Holy crap, Roguetadhg that looks so awesome. *drool*

Have you not heard of a KVM switch?
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sweet mother of god Rogue...lol icon_cheers.gif
    Have you not heard of a KVM switch?

Yep. I like multiple monitors more.

I keep track of Emails, Tickets, IM's and weather reports/spread sheets on my top row. And the bottom row is used for everything else. Makes server maintenance a breeze, virtualization is easy, GNS3 without a sweat. Cisco studying so much nicer. Imagine if you will:
    Monitor 1: OneNote open, Terminal Emulator.
    Monitor 2: Win7 Virtualization for the nodes, including Backtrack.
    Monitor 3: Cisco.com's information, any PDFs or videos for cisco studying.

The ability to have 3x 30in monitors and never really need to minimize anything makes everything better. Everything's at a glance.

Otherwise I'll forget I have tickets and emails while I'm absorbed by Cisco studying...

• SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    My CCIE rack. Wired per the INE v5 blueprint. From top to bottom:

TERMINAL SERVER:
    2650XM (128/64)

R1 - 3:
    3825x3 (512/12icon_cool.gif

SW1 - 4:
    3750-24PoEx2 EMI
    3560-24PoEx2 EMI

R4 - 6:
    2811x3 (512/12icon_cool.gif

BB1/FRS - BB3:
    2560XMx3 (128/64)

Happy labbing!
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You guys have some serious setups!

Here is my workstation at work.
    Just beginning to study for CCENT.
    Switches I ordered came in the mail already. Still waiting on the routers.
    WP_20130918_001.jpg
  • xtropxxtropx Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Been viewing this thread for a while. I finally have something that is post-worthy. Most of everything is in the rack - not shown is my 4U whitebox, 1 Cisco 3750G-24TS-S, 1 WS-C3750G-12S-S on loan from ISP I work at, and an Extreme Summit 200-24. Now that I have a L2 tunnel between the office where the server is and the lab here at home, I can get to work on VOICE. Just need a terminal server yet and another router + misc cables/wic's.
    y1nCW3z.jpg
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    WP_20130928_003.jpg
    Just two 2960s and two 2621s

I also got this amazing NIC on my workstation.
    61ChNRuLHVL_SX466_.jpg
    @Somnipotent - what rack is that? I could not make out the details.
  • SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    Ivanjam wrote: »
    @Somnipotent - what rack is that? I could not make out the details.

It's a Dantrak Skeletek 28U
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
    I can get a 42U rack from work... It's too big for my home lab, so I might try to cut it down to about 20U.

Hopefully I can post some pics once it's done :)
    Not sure how I feel about the size... but it was free.