Post Your Lab (PICS)

Comments

• whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    What NIC is this? How do you like it? Can you please provide details? Thanks!
    olaHalo wrote: »
    WP_20130928_003.jpg
    Just two 2960s and two 2621s

I also got this amazing NIC on my workstation.
    61ChNRuLHVL_SX466_.jpg
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • fov001fov001 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    After reading all the comments here....this is what I got! 4fy5.jpg6y4k.jpg
  • phonicphonic Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just finished building this for my VCP lab. Once I'm done (soon I hope), I'll move on to some MS certs my company needs me to get:

Dell 2410 Cabinet
    3x PE1950 Servers (esxi hosts)
    1x PE2950 Server (iSCSI SAN)
    1x Meraki MS Switch (general and iSCSI network)
    1x Meraki MX Router
    and some random Cisco routers I'm not currently using.
  • sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163
    Finally the Skeletek rack has arrived!

• Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
    Wow this thread is awesome! Must also account for at least 20% of the world's electricity usage?! Haha.
    Not even man...everyone that looks at this thinks the same, but in reality, I only turn on my equipment on weekends to do some labbing for a few hours, and the ethernet power controller I have lets me manage / monitor electricity wattage.
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What NIC is this? How do you like it? Can you please provide details? Thanks!
    61ChNRuLHVL_SX466_.jpg

There ya go
    Amazon.com: Gigabit Et Quad Port Adapt: Electronics

Its expensive but I have seen them installed on cheap servers sold on ebay. The servers with the card cost less than the card.

I like it a lot. Makes labbing much easier especially when using VMs
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Thanks for the info!
    I agree that it is pretty pricey, but seems almost worth the cost.
    61ChNRuLHVL_SX466_.jpg

There ya go
    Amazon.com: Gigabit Et Quad Port Adapt: Electronics

Its expensive but I have seen them installed on cheap servers sold on ebay. The servers with the card cost less than the card.

I like it a lot. Makes labbing much easier especially when using VMs
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Just ordered a Skeletek Rack, and have a 2960, 2511RJ, and 1841 coming then I will put up a picture!

Until then this has been my setup.

Top-down:
    (2) - 2950
    (1) - 3550
    (3) - 2611xm (1 with CME)

lab.jpg 43.4K
  • navsurinavsuri Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    R1 cannot send packets to r3?????

R1
    r2
    r3
  • ExabyteExabyte Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • CerebroCerebro Member Posts: 108
    Exabyte wrote: »
    Am I prepared for CCENT Labs? :)

Sweet mother of god, I think you just need some LED strip lights around the rack icon_cool.gif
    2014 goals: ICND2[]

• gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    You guys have some serious setups!

Here is my workstation at work.
    Just beginning to study for CCENT.
    Switches I ordered came in the mail already. Still waiting on the routers.
    WP_20130918_001.jpg

How do you get to study for CCENT at work, i hate my job! icon_sad.gif
  • bryantstewartbryantstewart Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Here is a shot of the ccent lab that we are putting together at work. Still waiting for a few more modules/cables...
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @BryantStewart: Can you say overkill? LOL
  • bryantstewartbryantstewart Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @BryantStewart: Can you say overkill? LOL

Haha This is actually what we are putting together to get through our CCNP studies.
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    gbdavidx wrote: »
    How do you get to study for CCENT at work, i hate my job! icon_sad.gif
    Perks of the nightshift =)
  • Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    These are the standard Quad Intel NIC's installed in Dell Servers. You can find them for 20.00-30.00 on Ebay. They are PCI-E x8
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Thanks for the info!
    I agree that it is pretty pricey, but seems almost worth the cost.

These are the Quad Intel Gigabit NIC's installed Dell Servers. They can be found on Ebay for about 20.00. If you guys need some I have close to 20 of them from server decommissions.
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • BobbyDCBobbyDC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd be interested in 1-2. I'm slowly building up my lab and these would be useful.
  • JaydenMoonJaydenMoon Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome lab pics everyone - I hope to post mine soon!!
  • Krusty_47Krusty_47 Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Corndork2 wrote: »
    These are the Quad Intel Gigabit NIC's installed Dell Servers. They can be found on Ebay for about 20.00. If you guys need some I have close to 20 of them from server decommissions.

I would like 2 as well if they are PCIe
    Goals for 2011.

Graduate from WGU by Dec 2011. I have almost 80 CU's starting in February. This is also my new years resolution for 2011.

On the list for January 2011
    Project+ and CIW Foundations.
  • JoseJimenezJoseJimenez Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Corndork2 wrote: »

More like $100+ for quad and about $50 for dual port.
    Cheapest Sun Happy Meal Quad FastEthernet can be found for $20, but there's whole procedure to make it work on linux.
  • rowelldrowelld Member Posts: 176
    Lots of great labs posted here.

My lab is rather simple, for now. On the top are two old Cisco 2507s which aren't being used at all. On the bottom I have two 2950s and one 3550 that I use to practice CCNP SWITCH labs on. Not quite enough to do all the labs but enough to get me going.

I use a Raspberry Pi as a console server to the switches. I keep the lab at work so all I do is VPN in and telnet to the rpi to access each switch.

Visit my blog: http://www.packet6.com - I'm on the CWNE journey!
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    fov001 wrote: »
    After reading all the comments here....this is what I got! 4fy5.jpg

How are you liking the DLI rackmount PDU? I thought about getting that one, but ended up going with the 8-port. Also, make sure you get the Android app if you have an Android phone.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Route->ThisRoute->This Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @fov001

What are your server specs? You have a nice clean setup! Whats the purpose of the patch panel?
    LinuxRacr wrote: »
    How are you liking the DLI rackmount PDU? I thought about getting that one, but ended up going with the 8-port. Also, make sure you get the Android app if you have an Android phone.

The ethernet controller is one of the best investments in this setup. I created a wake on lan script to send from the controller to the server and another Synology NAS I have.

this is well worth the money!! and the android app works fine, but I mostly use the web based interface from work.
    @fov001

What are your server specs? You have a nice clean setup! Whats the purpose of the patch panel?

Basically I have an i7 2600K 32GB RAM and 256GB SSD - I have a separate Synology NAS with 8TB (Hybrid for redundancy) for data store.

the purpose of the patch panel is for practice on crimping, and makes the setup a bit more complex, similar to what you would see on the job (I am not a network admin, yet icon_smile.gif
  • staticzstaticz Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Rebuilt the lab with some new equipment on Friday -

Server has 2 quad core Xeons, 20 GB of RAM and 12 NICs and will be used for GNS3. 2 3750G's and 3 3650's for layer 3 switching.
    Should last through CCNP at a minimum.
    Even though I didn't get it all finished, I thought I'd share. The ASA will be used as a VPN for remote access from home, and there is a KVM over IP sitting in the top of the rack to allow for access on the prod network. Also have patched a few network drops in our cubes for direct access.
    We have a ton of equipment laying around so it was fun to get some of it back into service. Now it is time to get some studying done!
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is my geeky network rack:

SWITCHES (11 Total):
    1 x 3560-24-PS
    7 x 2950-24
    1 x 2950G-12
    1 x 2950G-24
    1 x 2950G-48

Routers (8 Total):
    3 x 1760 (2 128MB/64 Flash)
    1 x 2621XM Max Ram/Flash/VPN Module
    1 x 2651XM Max Ram/Flash/VPN Module
    1 x 2691 Max Ram/Flash/VPN Module
    1 x 3725 Max Ram/Flash/VPN Module
    1 x 3640

Access Console Server:
    1 x Cyclades Afterpath Console Server-32

Storage:
    2 x 6 unit drawers

Voice and Wireless Stuff:
    2 x 7960G Cisco IP Phones
    2 x Analog Telephones
    2 x Cisco ATA 186
    1 x Cisco ATA 188
    2 x Cisco AP 1220B-A-K9
    1 x Cisco AIR AP 1242G-A-K9

Rack:
    7ft 2 Post Heavy Duty 19in Black Network Rack

Modules:
    4 x Serial-4T
    4 x WIC-2T
    1 x WIC-1T
    1 x Voice-2V

The room is still kinda messy from having to rearrange the room for my Cisco lab rack. I am still making rollover cords and straight cables. The only 3 things missing on the top were 3 power supplies that will probably be 8 or 11 AC slots. The primary purpose of this lab is to cover the routing/switching CCNA to CCIE, but unsure about the new "version 5" of CCIE. Since the security is similar to the routing/switching side, I may invest in getting an ASA firewall to play with. Ultimately, given the time, I do plan on getting CCNA in wireless and voice as well, at the very least, since that intrigues me as well. An opinions on how to improve it are greatly appreciated.

EDIT:
    When I get around to it, I'll take a better photo. I didn't realize how fuzzy it was until I uploaded it icon_rolleyes.gif
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.