Post Your Lab (PICS)

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Is that rack leaning?
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd recommend bolting that kind of rack down. I've heard horror stories of them falling.
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Leaning tower of Cisco?
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lol......
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is that rack leaning?

Yep. I may have to position the various routers and switches to connect in the middle so it would balance out.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was worried, imagine sitting down watching tv with a beer only for all that equipment to land on top of you? Looks pretty dangerous, good thing you are aware of it.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would seriously consider mounting that to studs in the wall.
  • Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    Scary looking, Doyen!
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Another option that I was considering was instead of mounting them directly to the rack, I could mount a shelf for each piece and then just put the equipment on the shelf in an attempt to balance it out.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Fill the rack from the bottom to the top for a lower center of gravity. If that doesn't solve the lean, get a new rack. $800 bucks for a new rack is a lot cheaper than replacing equipment + medical + time off work. Also if you have kids ...

tl;dr: that thing looks like a death trap.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    Here is my new lab. We just got rid of a bunch of servers at work so we had an empty server rack on the data center floor. I have access to all of the routers I could possibly want and just managed to get these 4 switches. This lab is built to the INE workbook (using 2811s) at the moment. The only thing on the network is one 2811 terminal server that I can connect to via VPN from anywhere, including the coffee shop I am currently labbing from. The only item I had to buy is the NM-32a in the last picture that I got off of eBay for only $90 shipped (actually, I bought 2 of them since it was such a good price). But with that, I don't run the risk of messing up any routing.All the cables are color coded: Blue for T1 crossover, Red for straght-through, Grey for Ethernet crossover.I'm just labbing for switching at the moment. However, as you can see, we didn't have any of the really old WIC-1T cards or the serial cables, so I upgraded to the VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 cards and RJ-45 cables. When I get to the Routing portion, I am going to be stumbling though getting the Frame-Relay switch up and running since that config isn't included with the others, but I found an article by Chris Bryant that I think will get me though it.This will eventually be a CCIE Collaboration lab once I get though my CCNP R&S.
  • roch_gregroch_greg Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello Everyone.

I finally got most of my lab built. I still need one more switch but will have to wait. I plan on sitting for CCNA R/S -->> CCNA Voice then who knows.

3 x Cisco WIC-2T 2 Port Serial Card
    3 x Cisco 2801 Routers
    2 x Cisco 3750 Switches
    1 Digi Cm 32

I'm worried about heat if I leave the routers/switches stacked on top of each other was shown. Just don't have the room or money for a rack right now.

Goals for 2014: Cisco ICND1[X], Cisco ICND2/CCNA R&S[X], Junos, Associate (JNCIA-Junos)[ ]
    Ain't Nothing Illegal til You Get Caught --> Tickle from Moonshiners TV Show.
  • NotQuiteCertifiedNotQuiteCertified Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My basic set-up at the moment, looking to upgrade to the more recent technology that supports the more recent IOS :P
    2014 Goals: CCENT [ ] Get Accepted Into University [X]
  • MatroMatro Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My basic set-up at the moment, looking to upgrade to the more recent technology that supports the more recent IOS :P

Very Good Lab!

This is my new lab:

2rmmdxf.jpg

I've bought:

3x 2621XM routers
    3x Catalyst 2950 switches
    6x Wic-1t card for interconnecting routers

I'm waiting for serial cables, so i can start to connect routers! :D
    Actually: CCNA - Palo Alto ACE
  • NotQuiteCertifiedNotQuiteCertified Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Matro wrote: »
    Very Good Lab!

This is my new lab:

2rmmdxf.jpg

I've bought:

3x 2621XM routers
    3x Catalyst 2950 switches
    6x Wic-1t card for interconnecting routers

I'm waiting for serial cables, so i can start to connect routers! :D

Real nice, that's a full CCNA lab once you get the serial cables, I presume you got the majority of this from a business, assuming by the stickers, they always label switches :P
    I got most all of my kit on Ebay, for £80, I was really chuffed :D
    I also assume you either have a VERY old PC with RS232 ports, or an RS232 to USB adapter (it's what I have)
    2014 Goals: CCENT [ ] Get Accepted Into University [X]
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Mine changed a bit again, I've added a NAS 2u rack mount and a 4U case for my Hyper-V/ESXi hypervisor. Also just configured 2811 and 3550 for CUCME, finally can make calls between the two 7940 phones :)

2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • R-LegendR-Legend Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Here is my latest lab / home setup.

HOME
    Cisco ASA 5505 Security plus
    Synology NAS DS110j
    Cisco 1242 AP
    Cisco 2610xm with NM-16A (terminal server)
    Comcast Bridged wireless gateway
    CyberPower OR1500 UPS
    Dell Poweredge 860 (8GB ECC Ram / (2)2 TB HDD RAID1

LAB
    1 Cisco 1841 router
    2 Cisco 2610xm router
    1 Cisco 1760 router
    1 Cisco 2610 router (Frame Relay)
    3 Cisco 2950 Switches
    2 Cisco 1200 Access points (used for host)
    Cyberpower CPS-1215 RMS Surge protector

• MatroMatro Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've already posted my lab, but today I've bought an Ikea LACK table, and I've made my own LackRack! icon_lol.gif

9jnev5.jpg
    Actually: CCNA - Palo Alto ACE
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    HA! A+++++++++++ for the creative use of binder clips :)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @pitviper. We need an updated picture or pictures of your lab!
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    @pitviper. We need an updated picture or pictures of your lab!

soon - It's a bit of a mess at the moment lol
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • JollycorkJollycork Member Posts: 149
    Here's mine... added a few items.

2 1760s
    2 2801s
    3 2620xm
    1 3550
    2 2950s

3 Dell Dual Xeon L5520s with 8GB 1Us They run Callmanager Pub/Sub Unity, UCCX, Presence, and MS Active Directory

2 7970s
    2 7960s
    1 7940

Did away with the 2500 Access Router.. just move the console cable around. just plain easier and faster.
  • RoutedPortRoutedPort Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Forgive me for asking of its already been asked but how do you support the power requirements of these larger labs in your homes?
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    RoutedPort wrote: »
    Forgive me for asking of its already been asked but how do you support the power requirements of these larger labs in your homes?
    I run mine through 1 rack mounted power strip with a 15 AMP capacity. It never trips. Also, mostly all people that have home labs don't keep them on all the time. I only turn my routers/switches on when I need them.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Different circuits help to support labs if you're running into problems.

I... cause problems with my work power because my computer system / labs dim the lights in the building if I turn them on at the same time. Tripped multiple times.

Long story short - I've ran long extension cables (two of them connected) from the server room into my office to power only my lab.

I should be more worried about this.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    I should be more worried about this.

LMAO! Yes, you should be haha.

I've always been tempted to bring my lab equipment to work, not sure how something like that would fly.
  • bobfromfplbobfromfpl Member Posts: 104

Simple setup here! Eventually looking to obtain an ASA.
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    So do you just sit criss-cross on the tile and lab?

Ha jk, nice clean lab ya got there!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    MrBrian wrote: »
    So do you just sit criss-cross on the tile and lab?

Ha jk, nice clean lab ya got there!

LOL awesome lab but I agree with the seating position. I don't know if I'd last 10 minutes on the floor. :P
  • bobfromfplbobfromfpl Member Posts: 104
    LOL... well I can move the phones if I'm working with them. Also I'm normally sitting on the couch with laptop in hand or in a computer chair but never on the ground.