Passed with an 869 today !

sunnysysadmsunnysysadm Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took the test this morning scoring an 869 out of 900 possible. I studied for the past several months using mainly the Syngress book and the technotes from this site (wish the technotes were complete !!). It only took me 30 minutes to complete the exam and I found the questions very fair and straightforward in their wording. My suggestions would be to know your ports, IPSec, L2TP, PPTP, routing protocols, basic networking skills, and know how to calculate your ALE and SLE.
Funny enough, I already have my CISSP from March of this year, but soon afterwards I found out that Microsoft only accepts the Security+ exam as an elective towards the MCSE:Security 2003 track of which I would like to pursue to upgrade my current MCSE in Windows NT and Windows 2000. Compared to the CISSP (of course) this exam was fairly easy and did not cover as much material.

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job! Congrats to you.
    :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good stuff dude. With CISSP you should have found this a fairly easy exam.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    You don't need MCSE:Security when you have a CISSP icon_wink.gif . Congrats on the pass.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"