Options

Vouchers and how they work, where to get them?

TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
Can someone give me some info about these vouchers and how they work, what do i have to do to get them and how do i use them? do i have to pay to get them and how much is the discount for the exams?

edit: another question. how do you become a Comptia member? do you have to pay or anything and whats so special about becoming a member?

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    a voucher is just a 'coupon' So it's a generic term.
    Some of them you buy to redeem for entrance into an exam, some are discount vouchers. You dont need them to write your exam, but most people will buy them to write their exams for less.

icon_arrow.gifwww.getcertify4less.com/techexams.html

Is the site this forum is affiliated with. So if you want, use the link above to give something back to this forum.

The comptia membership you're talking about is probably the IT pro membership. With that, you do get some benefits. I joined recently, so I can tell you a little bit about it.

First of all, you will get another kit with better looking certificates and ID card. On top of that, you also get access to another part of the site with lots of career helps. How to better your resume, CV etc.

Besides those, the best benefit is probably your 25% discount voucher per years' of membership. For most exams, that's around 40-50 dollars off. That's basically the price of the membership, so it's a pretty good deal.

hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    yep thats a good explanation. so you have to pay for the comptia membership but you get discounts if you are a member? sounds like a good deal.
  • Options
    plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    TheFORCE wrote:
    how do you become a Comptia member? do you have to pay or anything and whats so special about becoming a member?

Another benefit is belonging to an organisation that primary looks after the computer industry. I have recently saw some jobs that required some sort of affiliation with such an organisation. In Australia, we also have the Australian Computing Society but their membership is expensive (about $350AUD a year). The CompTIA membership is much cheaper. I am a member of the CompTIA.