Failed today

djmddjmd Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
icon_sad.gif

First attempt, scored 796. Wow, those sims were a bear. I knew they would be. I'm pretty bummed, been working hard for it... but I'm not discouraged. I will be retesting in 2 or 3 weeks...

Comments

• remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Hey I am in Cincinnati also. I am just starting to study for it myself. What equipment are you using to study? What text books are you using?
  • !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    @remyforbes777

-our dude failed the exam , and you ask this ? honestly .. fishy..

@djmd

be prepared man , else your be faling again , honestly... icon_wink.gif
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • djmddjmd Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    !30 wrote:
    @remyforbes777

-our dude failed the exam , and you ask this ? honestly .. fishy..

!30-

Fishy? Sorry, but the reason I didn't pass wasn't due to my study material lacking. I simply didn't give myself enough time to practice hands-on configuration for the sims. I think a lot of people like to blame the study material, but in my opinion that's a load of crap.

Remy-

Hi! I live on the east side... I used Wendell Odem's Cisco Press books for the theory - but really didn't practice any sims. I know, my fault... just didn't give myself enough time. Practice that stuff! If I would have nailed the sims I think I'd be in the 900+ club for sure.
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    !30
    I wasn't really dwelling on him failing, it was just a general question, one because I would have maybe recommended something and two, he is from Cincinnati and I was just curios.

djmd, I live on the west side of things. Just nice to see a native cincinnatian in here. Message me anytime.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    djmd wrote:
    I'm pretty bummed
    It was a good first attempt! :D

It might take a few days (beers) to get over it.... Try and get some hands-on with routers and switches, and keep reviewing so you don't forget what you already know. Compare your exam report feedback against the exam blueprint to see if you can identify any areas you should study some more.

Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    !30
    I wasn't really dwelling on him failing, it was just a general question, one because I would have maybe recommended something and two, he is from Cincinnati and I was just curios.

djmd, I live on the west side of things. Just nice to see a native cincinnatian in here. Message me anytime.

Hey, you're preparing for your CCNA? How's your home lab looking?
    Wanna share a few words about your equipment for CCNA?

There's a thread here;
    http://techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=100312#100312

Thanks!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • frankj1247frankj1247 Member Posts: 111
    I'm going for my 2nd attempt too soon, the sims I was actually strong on, it was NAT and ACLS that killed me, I had about 6 questions pertaining to those. Make sure you read the extra papers on NAT and BDR DR available on the Sybex website, that will fill in alot of blanks and will probably cover a couple of questions.

I like everybody else do just want to pass the test, but to be honest, besides more $$$ to take the test again, when I am in situations where I fail, the failure motivates me. Eventhough these are just stupid tests I rememer when I first went in for my first test I was so anxios and weighting so much on a stupid exam, now if I fail I jsut go back to the drawing board and figure my stuff out and don't really care.

Last rant, there is alot of value in asking advice from those who have failed, I think that they have a better idea of what they did wrong and can offer future test takers pointers.

"First attempt, scored 796. Wow, those sims were a bear. I knew they would be. I'm pretty bummed, been working hard for it... but I'm not discouraged. I will be retesting in 2 or 3 weeks..."

I like your attitude, more guys around here shouldn't get discouraged, and I think that it's the only kind of attitude that is durable in the long run.
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I failed too the first time with an 800, and for the same reason: flubbed the sim/testlet. Only had one back in April, I hear more were added.

But I did pass two weeks later. I went through every practice sim I could cheaply get my hands on, even if they were outdated.