last post before i go for CCNA in a few days....

seth223ukseth223uk Member Posts: 158
hello every1. I feel ready for the 607 exam but i would like to clear up any last minute nuances with your help if poss.

im looking for help on ROMMON commands such as the o/r and how its used and anything else i should be focusing on regarding ROMMON

also i need to focus on TCP and UDP and which protocols use them, i know most of them but need like a list of which use what to make sure i know them all. Are there any tech notes on this site that cover such a thing?

one last thing, how detailed do we have to know ACLs wildcard masks? Do we have to be able to filter a range odd and evens etc or will hosts and subnets etc suffice?

anyone with any help will be very much appreciated. icon_lol.gif

i wish anyone luck if they are about to take the CCNA 640-607
Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '

Comments

• Todd1225Todd1225 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, since I haven't taken the test I can't give you any additional info, but I feel just like you do. I feel that I'm studying hard, and having 1 router and 2 switches has helped....but I still feel like I'm gonna get suprised on the exam for the exact stuff that I lack in. Most people say subnetting and WAN stuff makes up about 20% of the test though.

Best wishes on the retake! I'm due for it about mid October!
    Todd Baugh
    Aspiring Network Tech
  • seth223ukseth223uk Member Posts: 158
    thanks man, i know what you mean bout the suprises!

i thought the last day to take was the 30th or was this the last day to register meaning you can actually take after that date? If so how far forward can you register an exam date?

i really need more info on ROMMON and TCP and UDP and programs that use their services if anyone can help me!!! please
    Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '
  • Todd1225Todd1225 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    seth223uk wrote:

i really need more info on ROMMON and TCP and UDP and programs that use their services if anyone can help me!!! please

Well, I went through the Networking Academy program, and the only thing that was mentioned in terms of commands in ROMMON were the one used for password recovery.

The only bummer is this, i'm finding things in the Academy books that aren't mentioned in the Cisco Press book, and visa-versa

The challenge for me has always been, how much do I focus on each topic, how many small details about each do I need to remember? I don't wanna "over studay" and miss easy questions!!!!
    Todd Baugh
    Aspiring Network Tech