Options

A+ OS TECHNOLOGIES

azertyazerty Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi,
I happened to do some practice est on A+ OS Technologies. I find controdictor answers from diff practice tests.

for example the boot orde for DOS-

According to some sites, the order is IO.SYS,MSDOS.SYS,COMMAND.COM,CONFIG.SYS,AUTOEXEC.BAT.

According to the others including this one it is

IO.SYS,MSDOS.SYS,CONFIG.SYS,COMMAND.COM,AUTOEXEC.BAT

According to some, you do not need theconfig.sys and auto exec.bat toboot and that config.sys is used only to load drivers and address memory beyond the conventional memory. Once the Config.sys is present with drivers to beloaded, theauto exec.bat tels the OS where to find these drivers.

can somebody tell me which is correct?

I am more confused now than before icon_rolleyes.gif

thanks

azerty

Comments

• Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    azerty wrote:
    According to some, you do not need theconfig.sys and auto exec.bat toboot and that config.sys is used only to load drivers and address memory beyond the conventional memory. Once the Config.sys is present with drivers to beloaded, theauto exec.bat tels the OS where to find these drivers.

config.sys and autoexec.bat will be looked for during boot up. the files can only be run if they exist. if the computer boots, looks for the files but they don't exist, it will continue to boot normally.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    TianaTiana Inactive Imported Users Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree and remember that config.sys and autoexec.bat are processed during “ real mode “ portion of setup and can be used to override io.sys in Windows 9x and can still boot up with or without config.sys and autoexec.bat. Windows9x still provide config and autoexec for backward compatibilities, for loading real mode drivers (for older application) that does not run in 32-bit mode.

for example the boot orde for DOS-

According to some sites, the order is IO.SYS,MSDOS.SYS,COMMAND.COM,CONFIG.SYS,AUTOEXEC.BAT.

"Your right this is the dos order in booting and the other one is Windows order :)

Good luck on your OS!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    zeekabalzeekabal Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thts it i agree for io.sys msdos.sys command.com config.sys autoexec.bat while config.sys and autoexec.bat are just to load driver if they are missed the OS load without any driver