Options

Scared of the exam

manrick777manrick777 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello guys, I have set up my exam for tomorow afternoon. I spoke with many people that tried to scared me about the A+ hardware exam. I read some books and I went to 4 different websites like here to use the practice exam. I scored an average of between 79% to 95% everywhere. I did 85% on the one on this site. Is anyone can tell me if I worry too much or it's a really hard exam?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my english, I am french icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Options
    The_Network_EngineerThe_Network_Engineer Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dont worry dont stress yourself out. I did fine on it form normal stuyd looks like u went over and out of it. Also Besides i dont knwo if u notice this but alot of pratance questions i encontunrer are harder then the real thing to began with. But dont worry you will do fine.
    But remember the steps of a lazer printer it always seems to be on there

i think u will do fine
  • Options
    well thank you very much, this makes me feel confident already, my biggest problem is that all the I/O address doesn't seems to sink too much and where I have the most problems is with the motherboard and processor part, but the rest it seems to be ok. THank you for your encouragement.

Sincerly
    Eric
  • Options
    The_Network_EngineerThe_Network_Engineer Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    To be honest i suck with I/O addresses to but i was never asked any of those. Not to say u wont be asked but remember this test is very broad test. So it wont stick on one subject for to long. So even if u absoltey dont know. Dont worry about it chances of it showing up again on the test isnt likey it has to cover alot of materal.

SO yea remmeber the lazer priner cycle. Everyone i talked to has had it on their exam.

So yea good luck plus get a nice nights of sleep. Good luck my freind
    PS even if u dont know the question guess there is a chance it might be right.

Also reread every question twice

so tell me how ya do
  • Options
    blove028blove028 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im taking the hardware exam tomorrow as well , and im a lil scared myself, i've studied intensely and my company just sent me through an A+ training class, but a guy in my class took it Friday and only got a 341 so that threw me off, but im pretty sure ill do great tomorrow...wish me luck
    It is what it is...
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Good luck to all!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    jlambertjlambert Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have not taken certification tests yet, but what I do for tests in general is to simply not think about it. If you have a confident mindset then you will do well.
  • Options
    Hummm I don't like to hear about that guy that got 341, the only thing is that I took a certification program with specializedsolution.com and they gave me a book of 500 pages only dedicated to the exam 220-221 and they have over 400 practice questions, and at the beggining I did like 78% but now after understanding their questions better I do aver 90%. But I also remember the questions. First time I came to this site here, I did 77% on the test. But I think that it will be fine for me. Some other website that I have found and used their own test had some very difficult questions. I don't think that all the questions for the real exam will be like that. Well good luck to myself and all the others.

Sincerly
    Eric
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Eric

If you did 78% the first time you did the questions here, then I am thinking that you have a reasonable grasp of the subject. As you said about your question book - you learned the questions and that is not good at all, but it appears that you have now broadened your outlook.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    blove028blove028 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took the Hardware and sailed out with a 910, Thanks to everyone here for the awsome help, OS tomorrow wish me luck...
    It is what it is...
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats! Best of luck on OS.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    I just came back from my exam and I passed it, there was 3 or 4 questions that where not fair because of there poor graphics. But I did 800 so I passed and to me it's the most important thing. Thank you for your support guys. I will now start reading my book for the O/S part and maybe I will write it within 1 or 2 months.

Eric
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There have been many complaints about Comptia graphics for years. I do remember someone writing to them and the reply went someting like "If you can not determine what is being depicted in our graphics then I would suggest that you are not ready to be an A+ certified technician".
    Rather tough, but it is their exam after all icon_wink.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    congratulations to recent exam passers, and good luck with future exams
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    surely, it's normal to get nervous before an exam. no nerves could mean complacency.

i got a buzz from my nerves. usually do. i seem to perform better under stress.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    zeekabalzeekabal Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    al wht u have to do is to be sure of ur self by having all the knowledge abt everything is the core exam and there nothing to worry abt
  • Options
    How about the O/S exam, is it a lot harder?
  • Options
    Gremlin77Gremlin77 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've just registered to take my tests at the end of the month and they've changed... icon_exclaim.gif
    They used to be 220-221 and 220-222, and they were adaptive...
    now their 220-231 and 220-232, and they're linear.

From what I understand, they now have a 2 hour (each) time on them...sounds like there's a bunch more questions.
    Have any of you heard of this yet??
  • Options
    well I just wrote the last adaptive for the core exam, and I spoke with some comptia people, and it will not be harder, it will be the same questions or almost, but you will be able to go back and if you skipped some questions and answer them later, it wan impossible to do that with the adaptive exam.

Eric
  • Options
    ndncreendncree Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    :D Hi There Fellow Students!
    I just took my exam on Sept.17/03 I passed with a 724 out of 900 which is a 80%. The exam is ok in my books. However what I do have to say is know your hardware. I studied everything concerning hardware for 2 months. My questions were mostly all on networking and troubleshooting all hardware. What I studied is anything on A+ plus hardware
    Good Luck to all taking the exam.