Options

Uber Geek Lab Overview

Fiber-OpticsFiber-Optics Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Let me know what you guys think of the personal lab site.

http://lab.centauricom.com/lab/lab.asp

Insane bandwidth speed test from www.dslreports.com

http://lab.centauricom.com/pub/network/pics/insane-bandwidth-dslreports.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    19 in 2000? That would make you... busy! icon_lol.gif

I nearly skipped the link because the "Uber-Geek Lab Overview" made me think it was just a copy of the Scott Morris Uber-geek Lab Overview.... but then I went back and kept reading when I noticed Scotts Rack picture wasn't there.

That's it for the Cisco Books? Do you have a Safari subscription? I think the CCIE R&S Reading List (Cisco Press only) fills a 4 foot shelf... and I have something like 12-13 feet of Cisco Press books now.

My equipment list is in this old Do you turn off your home lab thread. Updating Visio drawings and taking lab pics would be low on my list of priorities right now.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506

http://lab.centauricom.com/lab/lab.asp

That's definitely a cool site to read...but there isnt much lab pictures though. I wonder how old that guy is....
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    routingbyrumorroutingbyrumor Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Me too, did u see his resume its insane.
  • Options
    I wonder how old that guy is....
    That's the 19 in 2000. :D

From the web page "In one of those images is my old 2000 Honda Accord, That was my first new car I bought when I was 19"

While he might have bought it at the end of 1999 when the new model came out.... without knowing his birthday, I figured that using 2000 was close enough. A little bit of basic math...

Hum.... "Actively pursuing quad CCIE certification on routing/switching, voice and security." (and the SP was listed on into page)..... skipping the stepping stone certs? Didn't see a certification section on the web resume.
  • Options
    I was born sept 10, 1979, just a little more background info, i started working with computers since I was 7-8 years old. Back on the commodore 64 days, Amiga's, doing networking since Novel. And all the good stuff the reason why i learned it was having lan parties on Doom.

So i credit Doom and the lan networking days to really give me all this interest to pursue on what i have been doing all these years.

As for the certs skipping stepping stones, I am out to break a cisco record, and i was going to take my CCIE cert back in 2001. But decided whats the point it has never been a road block for moving forward on anything. If you check out this link you will see all the partners I had since I owned a network security company. I just figured now is the time to start taking the Certs on CCIE for personal reasons and the above mentioned.

http://www.sovnetworks.com/partners.asp

Also for pictures of networking equipment its on that paragraph.

Here are some of the pictures of a datacenter I built from the ground up Pic 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9, you can see all the Adtran equipment, BGP Border routers, etc.
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    I was born sept 10, 1979, just a little more background info, i started working with computers since I was 7-8 years old. Back on the commodore 64 days, Amiga's, doing networking since Novel. And all the good stuff the reason why i learned it was having lan parties on Doom.

So i credit Doom and the lan networking days to really give me all this interest to pursue on what i have been doing all these years.

Also for pictures of networking equipment its on that paragraph.

Here are some of the pictures of a datacenter I built from the ground up Pic 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9, you can see all the Adtran equipment, BGP Border routers, etc.

Oh my...you're Josh? The owner of those equipment, the books, AND that nice M3? nice....

This thread is totally going into a showcase of fame rather than the original intent of sharing with each other our CCNA home labs....

But anyhow, it's good to know that people are achieving alot in IT, goes to show that it's still a good market to work in.

ps. I REALLY like your net cafe, hopefully I'll have a chance to visit and see it for myself.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    This thread is totally going into a showcase of fame rather than the original intent of sharing with each other our CCNA home labs....
    Maybe.... but just think how many people may now be motivated to run out and build their own home labs now that the cats out of the bag that networking can pay very well. icon_lol.gif Then those people will post their labs here.
    As for the certs skipping stepping stones, I am out to break a cisco record, and i was going to take my CCIE cert back in 2001.
    4 lab exams in a single week? month? year? icon_lol.gif

Don't rule out the CCIE Storage for 5 CCIEs
    (I just love the question on who the candidates for CCIE Storage are).
  • Options
    I plan on taking each CCIE Lab within a two week period apart from each other, and i have no future plans on taking the storage area networking CCIE.
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow that is a lot of books icon_lol.gif

I really like that Gaming Center PC interface on the machines. That is very cool. I've been in a lot of gaming centers and that is the first one that I have really seen some cool modifications done to the interface.
  • Options
    DW [banned]DW [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 240
    My compliments Joshua...

:)
  • Options
    NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    wow that looks elite :)
    very impressive!! good job, good luck.
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.