Options

.man profiles

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
can someone explain mandatory profiles a little better please for me? i know it will probably be a simple concept but i have seen several different sources coming across differently.

cheers
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mandatory Profiles basically force users to have standard profile. The profile is stored on a server, and is applied when the user logs into the domain. The user can modify the profile for the current session, but if they logoff and log back on the preconfigured profile will be applied again

If you have a home lab with AD you can try it out

http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/3bd7900c-6145-461d-89f2-c12a8c6dd7301033.mspx?mfr=true
  • Options
    !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    Hello !

Mandatory profile's are a simple concept.Here ya go.I log on a computer A with my mandatory profile for user X.The profile is downloaded to computer A from server ( DC ) .I can make change's to the profile in that session but the only diference is that when you log-off , the profile won't pe updated ( with the curent change's and will be let like it was ).

When you logon again from another computer ( because it hasen't been any update to that profile ) you'll see the standard one.Is like read-only , you can see ( modify altough ) , but will never change on the Server ( File server ) which hold's your profile.

I think you got it icon_wink.gif
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks very much for the reply lads....you have cleared that up for me.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking