Options

Why do IT get so much harrasment?

ChadaeChadae Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
Why do people who dont know anything about computers rudely harrass IT every chance they get? I wish I had my own own office so I can get away from it ALL. sheesh!!! To make matters worse- I cant do anything about their problem because their problem is concerning database errors. But do they get that? NO. All I can do is log the problem and call/email the other IT dept. OUT of STATE. I guess they want me to start writing code now? I have been extremely patient for now--but I feel forced to get very technical soon. Anyone feel my pain?

Comments

• Options
    The_Network_EngineerThe_Network_Engineer Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hey man from personal expernce from me and my dad has always said. Its part of the job, if they wernt so stupid with **** like that we wouldnt have jobs if they knew how. It just that the people need their database and they think ur putting it off when your honesty telling the truth. Man u have to deal with that $hit to make the big bucks man.
    some cusomtors arnt always the nicest.
  • Options
    yeah u right. Its not like they stupid--but they just dont know that things dont happen as fast as they think it does. All i can do is harrass the other IT people--and then they end up ignoring me. If they have any hardware problems on the other hand==this is done quickly. I can do that. This is my first job in IT from college- so im learning the hard way. I see it their way too--i guess im the closest IT person they can get pissed at for now.
  • Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Well, at least be glad that you have a job. I'de take all that hassle any day, as long as I'm getting experience/$$$$$.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    im not getting any experience cheeblie- Im not learning anything that I did not know before--- but at least I do have a job so im grateful :D
  • Options
    network_engineer: they arn't customers. i work with them. But i guess having cusotmers is 10 times worst.... :D
  • Options
    hey i consider them customors when u get paided to deal with their ass lol. Even call them customors or your one big techno baby sitterLOL

iv worked with customors before all over. One that is very annooying is fixing day care computers lol. They always break them im always called down. But the adults in other companies are even worse lol.

im serouse big bucks and expernce is nice :)
  • Options
    nethersdenizennethersdenizen Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just act like "Nick Burnes: your companies computer guy" from the saturday night live skit. That way they will fear you instead of insult you. The trick is that you need to belittle and insult your users so that they will say as little as possible to you. That will turn the tables on those people who aren't very nice to IT.

icon_jokercolor.gif
  • Options
    as much as i ha te to admit it was once like them lol. But not that moody hey i belive in treating the customor right even when they yell at u. Because hey ur bank account is getting fat with their dumb questions or screw ups. Well they ahve the addtional stress if u can manage it right it isnt so bad
  • Options
    ZumpelZumpel Member Posts: 53 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Always remember the best tech-t-shirt i've ever seen.
    Front: Thank you for calling Technical Support
    Back: Your ignorance is my job security

Don't worry about them, you'll get used to it. Just get your standard answers like "They are working on it." "I'll let you know as soon as I get news" and "This is a 44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world.." together and don't let their panic infect you. (..easier said than done with some people.. especicially the ones who think they have "Important business..(

Dont let the bastards get you down ;)
    Zumpel
  • Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Yeah, ignorance is a great thing. I hope people are never trained how to use their computers properly. In fact, people should teach them incorrectly just so I can have more work. :D

Cheeblie
  • Options
    Zumpel: Im getting used to it now icon_lol.gif Those standard answers are becoming my motto! That is whenever Im forced to use it. They call me "evil IT" now icon_twisted.gif But things are 10 times more better now that I am accustomed to them--hey im hearing more "youre the best IT" comments too!!!

Cheeblie: hehehehe You're right! Lets hope it says like that for a long long time icon_cool.gif

nethersdenizen: I have never seen that skit!!! icon_lol.gif But that might be some real good material I can use!!! icon_twisted.gif

network engineer: :o You were once a "customer". Anyways- Im moving on to chp. 2 for this week. Its been fun!