Welp, passed

Took me about an hour to get through all 60 questions, so not too bad. Only had to guess on 4 of them. And I now find myself in agreement about VUE testing centers, my local VUE center beats the snot out of my Prometric

On to the 70-215!
= Marcus Drakonblayde
================
CCNP-O-Meter:
=[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
=CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=

Comments

• DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Ok, I'm trying to sign into the MCP Secure Web Site, but don't seem to be able to. I created a .NET account, but none of the numbers off my score report seem to want to take. I'm assuming that my results from VUE haven't been delivered yet and I'll just have to wait, but once that's done, how do I go about signing into the site?
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
  • cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Your results won't get there for several days. Be patient. :D

Cheeblie
    Ah, ok, which of these numbers am I supposed to enter btw? The one maked Sie ID, Registration, or Validation hehe. I'm assuming the Registration one
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
  • cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Yeah, I'm guessing that's what you enter. It has been a while so I don't quite remember exactly.

Cheeblie
  • bonam004bonam004 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Drakonblayde, how long have you been studying for 70-210? Some feedback regarding ur exam plz would be appreciated!!

Thanks!! icon_lol.gif
    Well, took me about an hour to get through all 60 questions. I've been studying for it for about two months, but I ended up taking it three weeks past the time I originally wanted to do so. I got a little bit lazy it being summer and all and enjoyed life a bit, and I also got really busy with my side consulting and tech work and had to focus on that for two weeks (the money more than made up for the delay though). I had to do more studying than I had originally planned because I have so little experience of working in a Microsoft Windows 2000 domain model and it was something I had to learn before I felt confident enough to take the exam. Given that I can't really afford to waste a hundred bucks (espeically not after my speeding ticket I picked up on Labor Day /ouch), I figured it was worth it to take the extra time. I used the MS Press MCSE Self Paced Training Kit as my main study guide and use the Transcenders to test what I had learned.

I received no score on the screen after the exam, and my printout doesnt have anything on objectives I may have missed unlike the CompTIA exams. All it told me was that I passed.

I will say that after looking at the exam objectives for Server, I expect I'll be able to take the Server exam after very little extra study. I expect to take it in under a month.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
  • volrathxpvolrathxp Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I received no score on the screen after the exam, and my printout doesnt have anything on objectives I may have missed unlike the CompTIA exams. All it told me was that I passed.

First, congrats on the pass. Secondly, big surprise for me, apparently now Microsoft is scoring and showing you what your objectives / strengths and weaknesses are on the 2003 track exams. I took 70-290 yesterday and it gave me a score and a little summary of the different areas of the test and how well I did in each (not percentage like Cisco exams but more or less from 'Needs development' to 'Strong.'

I just thought I'd mention that... lol. It made me wonder if they were gonna start doing it for any other tests, but I guess it's just for the new tests... icon_confused.gif

Anyways, congrats and go get Server, you shouldn't have too much trouble since Server will build on Pro immensely (one of the major reasons the test was eliminated in the 2003 track is because of that)
    Joseph Dyer
    Co-Founder / Co-Owner - Rock-Comics.com
    MCP, Windows XP Professional
    MCP, Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment
    Gentoo Linux Hippie
    Which exam was eliminated from the 2003 MCSE track? Server or Pro? Because I see Pro is still listed...

What I plan to do is finish MCSA on 2000 and then take a crack at the upgrade exam to qualify for MCSA 2003. I still haven't decided if I'll pursue the full MCSE or not.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
  • volrathxpvolrathxp Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Which exam was eliminated from the 2003 MCSE track? Server or Pro? Because I see Pro is still listed...

What I plan to do is finish MCSA on 2000 and then take a crack at the upgrade exam to qualify for MCSA 2003. I still haven't decided if I'll pursue the full MCSE or not.

My bad, the Server exam was eliminated completely. The Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment (70-290) replaces it.
    Joseph Dyer
    Co-Founder / Co-Owner - Rock-Comics.com
    MCP, Windows XP Professional
    MCP, Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment
    Gentoo Linux Hippie