Options

Is Microsoft Press 292/296 OK

I am planning to upgrade my MCSA/MCSE this before the end of the year, I am planning to buy this Microsoft Press Upgrade 292/296. Is this really a better supplementary book to study, cause I have my 2274/2277 MOC book already. I just want a second book to make sure that I slay this one.

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Haven't used that particular book, but from my experience, the MS Press books for MCSE are excellent. They're not perfect, and they don't stand alone, but they are very good tools in helping you prepare for the exams. As long as you've got another source of information, as you mention, I'd say go for the MS Press book.

Don't be above hopping on down to the bookstore and sneaking a peek at what else is out there, before you buy. . . or, for that matter, after you buy. You'd be amazed at what you can learn when you're just 'browsing' for an hour or two, when you need to learn something. The only reason my local Borders hasn't banned me for life, yet, is that I drink enough coffee to put three of their baristas through college. (Well, I do buy a couple of books, too. This poor bookcase of mine is getting bowed-down for a reason.)

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    The only reason my local Borders hasn't banned me for life, yet, is that I drink enough coffee to put three of their baristas through college. (Well, I do buy a couple of books, too. This poor bookcase of mine is getting bowed-down for a reason.)
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    I'm glad I'm not alone!
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    thanks slowhand....as soon as I finish my server+, I will buy this book for my upgrade
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I used that book to try and pass 272. I just barely passed. The material is there, but I may not have been used to how MS writes their exam questions. I would suggest practice exams as well, such as TestOut or better yet Transcender if you can afford it.
  • Options
    tuscanituscani Member Posts: 121
    Those are the books I used. I highly recommend.
  • Options
    jasonbochejasonboche Member Posts: 167
    jojopramos wrote:
    I am planning to upgrade my MCSA/MCSE this before the end of the year, I am planning to buy this Microsoft Press Upgrade 292/296. Is this really a better supplementary book to study, cause I have my 2274/2277 MOC book already. I just want a second book to make sure that I slay this one.

This is the book I used. While it is good, it's not enough to get you through the entire exam. It will get you about 70% of the way. You need supplemental study material.

Contact me via email or private message if you would like to know what additional materials I used to pass 292 and 296.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm using the MS Press book.. OK, but can't get more improvement on the context.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn