Options

Passed A+ OS today

DelmirocDelmiroc Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed with 732, I have to say that I had about 35 to 45 hardware related questions on this test.

I was ok with them, but I was expecting more OS related questions than what I had.

I'm A+ certified now :D

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Congratulations!

Yeah...it's very common to see hardware questions on the OS exam. That's probably why they suggest that hardware core be taken first.

So what's next? Security+? or some MS certs?
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Congratulations!

I think CompTIA must be testing out their new 2006 format, my OS test had about 25 hardware questions. I am very glad I took Core Hardware first!
  • Options
    DelmirocDelmiroc Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

Yeah...it's very common to see hardware questions on the OS exam. That's probably why they suggest that hardware core be taken first.

So what's next? Security+? or some MS certs?

Thank you!

I'm probably going to look into some MS certs. if I don't go back to school for my B.S
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Congratulations!

I think CompTIA must be testing out their new 2006 format, my OS test had about 25 hardware questions. I am very glad I took Core Hardware first!

I think CompTIA has always been asking hardware questions on OS exam. Which is probably why the logical step they're taking to 'combine' both into the A+ essentials, and then requiring an 'elective' exam on top. I think this is a really cool thing they're doing in improving A+ Certification.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    I think this is a really cool thing they're doing in improving A+ Certification.
    Careful, or you'll start another debate about the new certification! I personally think that CompTIA is crippling the A+ certification a little bit by segmenting it the way they are. Right now you can say "I'm A+ certified", and everyone knows exactly what knowledge you have, but someone with the 2006 cert will say "I'm A+ certified", and the response will be "So, what area are you certified in?" It's no longer a universal cert, which devalues it some in my eyes.
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think this is a really cool thing they're doing in improving A+ Certification.
    Careful, or you'll start another debate about the new certification! I personally think that CompTIA is crippling the A+ certification a little bit by segmenting it the way they are. Right now you can say "I'm A+ certified", and everyone knows exactly what knowledge you have, but someone with the 2006 cert will say "I'm A+ certified", and the response will be "So, what area are you certified in?" It's no longer a universal cert, which devalues it some in my eyes.

Very well said. Although I would hope that people going for any cert get as many as possible so you don't only rely on only having your A+. Then it would show that you are knowledgeable in more than one area.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    icon_thumright.gificon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.