Options

help with xp pro technical problem!!!!

can anyone help me with a problem i have at the moment.
i have an adsl connection on my xp pro machine that, after 10 minutes or a little longer comes up with an error saying that RPC has been terminated unexpectedly and counts down from 60 secs and turns on my pc!! I dont know what it is and thought it may be down to not having the updates as its a fresh install. It worked fine before i put an internet conenction to it so i think the OS install is ok.

comes up with this NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM and the rest i mentioned earlier. Does anyone know what this is and if i can stop it cos the connection works fine until this comes up. Can i disable RPC and do i need it?

please help im on the edge icon_eek.gif
Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '

Comments

• Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    That's the Blaster worm, or at least some variation of it. Since the worm is everywhere on the internet, as soon as you hooked up your ADSL you must have received it. Just apply the updated patch and you should be fine. Oh, and you do need RPC. This page has all the needed info to remove the worm. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;826955 Just apply updates frequently and you should be fine.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    seth223ukseth223uk Member Posts: 158
    wow you guys are very gud on this forum, thanks man bet you have a great job.

I live in hope that ill be a network administrator one day

ta for the advice icon_wink.gif
    Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '
  • Options
    HAHAHA. I have no job. I'm still looking for anything. I'm 19 but no one will hire me because I have no experience. I am glad that you appreciate the help though. It makes it worthwhile. :D

Cheeblie
  • Options
    wha u have all those certs and your only 19 bloody ell you must work hard. R u doin a degree? I am doin electronic commerce honours and i have one year left im on a 1st class so im on track but im 20 and im only working towards CCNA lol. I hope by the time im 25 ill have all i need including CCNP and a few microsoft certs, where u from you in england?
  • Options
    I'm not doing a degree at the moment. I plan to pursue it in a few years. I'll probably for my masters as well. As far as where I live in England, I don't live in England. I'm not sure why you assumed that. Hehe :D. I live in Phoenix, Arizona in the blistering heat. I got out of high school last year and have only been studying since April, although I have worked with computers since I was two. I hope that I'll have my MCSE and CCNA finished up before the end of October. At that point I'll most likely start learning Exchange Server and possibly do some Cisco specialization exams. I may also try for Novell certification (CNA/CNE) or Red Hat Linux (RHCT/RHCE). I guess I'll play it by ear.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    man with all them certs you shud def have a job by now!! Id go for some cisco certs like you said and maybe a degree to make you more well rounded and then get some experience and you should be well away