Options

Landed my first job.

JCAJCA Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, less than 1 yr. since I got my first cert I'm now employed at the third biggest Drug&Research company in the world.They have placed me in their Data Center and are going to train me for a month!! 2 weeks paid 10 sick days and all at the low price of 26.00/hr. man this feels good!! :):):)

Comments

• Options
    TecShdwTecShdw Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. Sounds like a pretty good deal! Good Luck to you!
    PC Technician Certified - MCSA Server 2003, MCTS-Vista
    My Site - My Forum
  • Options
    DragonNOA1DragonNOA1 Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Though you probably don't want to give the name of the company, I am curious as to what city/state or part of the country you will be working in.

Oh, and congrads.
    The command line, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    congratulations
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ITNYCITNYC Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Joseph, thats great man. Wish i was in your shoes right now. All the best wishes to you at your new job and best of luck in your future.
  • Options
    frankj1247frankj1247 Member Posts: 111
    Congratulations!!! I wish I was in your shoes too!!!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Darn impressive for your first job! You are one lucky guy. Congrats!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    that is impressive indeed. congrats man.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Excellent job!
  • Options
    sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    That's one sweet first job. It took me 5 yrs to get a job that paid above $25/hr and it's not even permanent and I got no training, no days off , and no benefits. Consider yourself one lucky dude. :D
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • Options
    JCAJCA Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys! :) Although, I did have help in getting this job through the "networking" ability of my girlfriend. She's a Biologist for this company and has been working for them for awhile.I have already met most of the IT staff and some of her co-workers due to going out drinking with them for "Bio-tech Fridays" for almost the past year.I've also met, spoke with, and drank with ..lol the CIO and Project Manager of the company and I have talked with them about what path I'm on and asked them what they thought about certain certs to go on to next. When I passed my CCNA it was a Friday, and my girlfriend was telling anyone that would listen icon_redface.gif , that I did, the PM and several others of the IT staff came out to the bar that night because I wanted to show them my score sheet and they wanted to see it. To say the least they were impressed with how far I've come in obtaining my certs and my interest and drive in this arena. I talked at length with the PM and head of the Networking side of IT {data center} and expressed my exceitment as to the options I was opening up for myself but, also a concern as to how I was going to break into IT. Well.....here we are..Sept. 9th 2005 I got my 1st cert and now I finally got that "break"! This has been an amazing ride ups, downs, and feeling like I was in a blender. I can't wait to get into that production environment and REALLY see how it all works. Thanks alot guys for your input and to the creator/s of this site, although I don't post much I do lurk alot and find MANY useful topics and ideas here that have helped me in keeping my chin up and to see that I wasn't alone when I've struggled to understand a topic in my studies. Once again Thank you ALL. Updates to follow.... :)