Options

CompTIA exam tips

ChannaChanna Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi!

Got an email from CompTIA today listing exam tips for anyone taking any exams soon! Here's the link:

http://www.comptia.org/pressroom/get_articles.aspx?prid=47

Also i have come across some online practice questions which i felt the answers were blatantly wrong. Or perhaps I am I dont know. One practice questions asked which process (or program i cant remember) detects a keyboard error on powering up. I chose POST, but the answer was ASPI - which I thought was something to do with SCSI.

Am I wrong? has anyone else had this problem. I think we should be careful when taking some practice exams, to make sure the answers are correct. one or two questions could be the difference between success and failure judging by some of the posts here.

Got my exam tommorow 3pm good luck me!

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Some practice exams can be wrong. As far as was the question you saw incorrect or not, difficult to say.

However,
    ASPI = Advanced SCSI Programming Interface
    so I cannot think of a way that would ASPI would be the monitor for a keyboard error.

Anyway, good luck on your exams.

Yes, 1 quetion can make the difference, but if a person is that unsure going into the exam then they may best find their time is spent reviewing a little while longer. FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    yes but im just saying that someone who takes the practice online questions then might memorise them might fail due to this. just saying to be careful. if you feel an answer is wrong in the question check it out.

Thanks for wishing me good luck im very nervous!!
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine! Post back and let us know how you did!
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    perhaps the answer should be ACPI? Iunno...it's only a letter off, and it has more to do with keyboard power off than ASPI...

icon_confused.gif
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    exam today!!

Ooooh! I'm ever so excited!! I cant wait! Great fun! I wonder what the questions will be like. Prolly i won't do so well.
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've came across some wrong answers in a practice exam. I go to a vocational school and as a part of the IT program they offer practice testing. The software we use is from test king I am not sure how they rank compared to others out there and I do know there are a lot of others out there, but some of the answers are completely wrong. It worries me a little bit, but the only good thing is when they give me the question, I do know the right answer.