Options

Need one quick help

Ching01Ching01 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello, what is the meaning of Null0 i IP route command

ex: ip route 172.16.255.0 255.255.255.0 Null0 ( it should be next hop or interface). Actually I encounter this before but I just forgot what's the use of this Null0.

Comments

• Options
    david_rdavid_r Member Posts: 112
    long response deleted. Cisco does a much better job of explaining it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk364/technologies_tech_note09186a00801c9a6e.shtml
  • Options
    Okay thanks for the link but I just want to know a brief explanation right now no time to read the entire doc maybe later.
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ching01 wrote:
    Okay thanks for the link but I just want to know a brief explanation right now no time to read the entire doc maybe later.

huh? where do you think you are the ccna forum?
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options

Okay thanks anyway, if you don't want to help me.
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    Ching01 wrote:

Okay thanks anyway, if you don't want to help me.

READ!!
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    In a nutshell, the null interface that goes nowhere. It is a great way to redirect packets to oblivion.
  • Options
    david_rdavid_r Member Posts: 112
    Used to prevent routing loops when you have summarized routes and default routes.
  • Options
    ed_the_lad Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:21 am Post subject:

Ching01 wrote:

I just ask for a little help and if you don't want to help better not to answer my post. I am configuring my LAB, that's why I am in a hurry and posted "NO time to read maybe later."

The used of a forum is to share ideas with common interest and also can't you READ the subject "Need a quick help".
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Ok I dont normaly express my opinion on these things, but had you read the link you would see it leads to a simple and comprehensive answer on the first line!

While this forum is for helping and sharing its not for people to do research on your behalf and post a simple answer becuase you cant be bothered or lack of time. The CCNP track requires time and dedication, with that reading the DocCD is fundamental! It wasnt like someone posted a link to Cisco.com they gave you the exact info you needed.

David_r even admitted Cisco explains it better than he can, and you still counld make the effort to even open the link.

While I dont want to discourage anyone from signing up to this forum, I like to think people have initally made the effort and generally need help to understand a topic or concept!

Just my 2c !
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    Okay, end of this topic.